Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: limits on an open certificate

limits on an open certificate

If you have an open certificate, to what extent can the Police impose specific limits on specific bits of land?

Ie. can they issue you an open cert for a given calibre (authority to 'use on land over which the holder had lawful authority to shoot') , but then come back and say 'but not on such-and-such place'?

Not as far as I have heard (but stranger things have happened, lol).

I hope not... I have a piece of land that wouldn't get passed for .22rf but since getting open ticket I shoot foxes on there with .243 from a high seat
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

not to sure as usual ,anything fac related,my certs open but just added another rifle but thats conditioned? not even sure how long thats going to be is this normal, i understand size nature of land ,roads/paths /public safety competance etc ,but that rifle will only be used on very large acreage .

My understanding is that if you have an open certificate you can shoot anywhere that you have the authority and written permission.
    The RISK ASSESSMENT IS DOWN TO YOU..... any F##k ups will be down to YOU .

David.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimnydriver View Post
    My understanding is that if you have an open certificate you can shoot anywhere that you have the authority and written permission.

David.
    +1

An old farmer friend of mine had open condition for his 223 but a closed condition for his 308 on his own land.

Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimnydriver View Post

David.
    Do you seriously think that if you "**** up" with a closed cert that the consequences will be any different.

Open or closed the risk assessment is down to the shooter!

I guess a rifle on your fac is either on an open or closed condition. As soon as conditions are added to tell you where you can or can't use the rifle then it's no longer open condition.

Quote Originally Posted by palmer_mike View Post
    I guess a rifle on your fac is either on an open or closed condition. As soon as conditions are added to tell you where you can or can't use the rifle then it's no longer open condition.

So the question is essentially this: if you have an open condition for a rifle, can they then decide that they don't like one of the places you use it, and retrospectively put conditions on it?