Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I lost my bet this morning

I lost my bet this morning

Been out this morning as my tree tubes and trees have been getting a hammering from the local deer population, sure enough there was a shed load of reds amongst them when I got there there .
    When it broke light enough to see clearly there was a very large stag and smaller one which was making most of the damage and a few spikers too, I took the smaller stag and a spiker and said to my mate chris who had kindly given up his morning to help me shift them that I would nip home for the trailer.
    Oh no he says they will piss in the back of your landy , I said not a chance mate but he was adamant so I bet him and I really wish I hadn't it was a tight squeeze but I take my hat off to him he got em in and yes now im owing !!!

Could you not have removed the head and feet first Bob!!!! Makes it easier you know!!!

We got a few Sika calves shot recently. Just small ones up to 17kg. Sooo much easier to work with!

I did say that but he wanted to prove a point lol !

Quote Originally Posted by jamross65 View Post
    Could you not have removed the head and feet first Bob!!!! Makes it easier you know!!!

We got a few Sika calves shot recently. Just small ones up to 17kg. Sooo much easier to work with!
    Will have to get over to your place when I get the chance

Hahahahaha!
    Thats a way to loose a bet....
    Could have been worse, eg, the two beasts not fitting in the car...
    People's hobbies are more their measure's than are their jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Double four View Post
    Will have to get over to your place when I get the chance

with the the muscle you build up heaving deer that size about, you can stick a couple of our wee things in your pockets...

You know your welcome any time.

Just out of interest, roughly what will the pluck and gralloch weigh on a big red stag with you? Is that why you try and clean them hanging up as the weight of the inards makes it easier?

I had 3 Sika calves to gralloch and larder the other night and I honestly think a rush job, as it was blowing a gale and raining, can be done in about 2 minutes per beast, easily. I can't imagine the effort involved in cleaning deer that size.

I don't now what the gralloch weighs Bri but it was bloody heavy , the photos don't show but I gralloched them on the field

Nice bag.

a little tip for you...

chuck the tree tubes, absolute waste of time and money, the deer learn that sweet offerings grow out the top of them.

We have proved the untubed trees get away faster.
    There is a place on this planet for all of God's creatures, right next to my tatties and gravy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Double four View Post
    I don't now what the gralloch weighs Bri but it was bloody heavy , the photos don't show but I gralloched them on the field
    Okay, so if you have a small mate you can get him to climb in and push it out while you pull? Excellent...

I reccon your right Dan, the woodlands trust guy recommended them and they came with the grant and its a bloody nightmare all they do is lean on em snap the stake and away they go !