Kuiu gear

Very high quality; lot of fans in the US, between that and Sitka. You'd be one of very few wearing it in this country...either Verde or Vias camo
(they do plain colours too)

Took delivery of my Yukon jacket in Verde Camo after buying the bino harness in the same... my god this stuff is incredible!!! Quality, engineering, build, attention to detail... stretching the boundaries of fabric technology!!

I have just ordered some more bits (merino gloves and a 125 merino base again in Verde) just so I can make sure the sizes are all right (Yukon Jacket is perfect) and then I'm going all in and ordering the whole rest of the layering system..

Kuiu is very well made. I have the chugatch rain jacket. It is the best rain jacket I've ever owned, used or seen. It its ultra light weight, keeps an extended downpour off, very tough material and actually breathes. Its great for stalking in the rain.

I also have the attack pants which are also very comfortable to wear but won't stand the abuse my stoney creek micro tough or my cabelas briar guard, but they are for different stalking purposes.

I have a set of Australian Moroka30 gaiters and so far I'm impressed with these.

Kuiu is very well made. I have the chugatch rain jacket. It is the best rain jacket I've ever owned, used or seen. It its ultra light weight, keeps an extended downpour off, very tough material and actually breathes. Its great for stalking in the rain.

I also have the attack pants which are also very comfortable to wear but won't stand the abuse my stoney creek micro tough or my cabelas briar guard, but they are for different stalking purposes.

I have a set of Australian Moroka30 gaiters and so far I'm impressed with these.

I have decided just to do my top half with kuiu (although may go for a pair of zip off merino long johns) my trousers take far too much abuse in the UK and I'd rather buy cheaper more often and not worry about them.. For everything else though, I'm going with kuiu from here on in... I just wish you could try the stuff on before you buy it! Thankfully I got it right first time with the jacket but that might be testament to the sizing guide at kuiu in that it actually is correct unlike many!!!

Last edited:
A couple of mates have the guide jacket I like it.

The thing with all clothing is you need to know exactly how you are going to use it. For more of a flogging where I hunt the harkila Q jacket is more appropriate. The only thing that annoys me with Kuiu is that they have some great fabrics even for every day use but since they dropped their plain colours you will look obvious if you are just taking the dog down the park for a walk wearing some weird camouflage.

It's a hard decision to choose between Kuiu and Sitka...I'm more than pleased with how my Sitka Downpour Jacket and Pants have stood up to two years HARD work, but if I was looking for an alternative, I'd as likely buy Kuiu...

Let us know how you get on with it during your season's hunting...reviews I read on US b**hunting sites are full of praise for Kuiu

It's a hard decision to choose between Kuiu and Sitka...I'm more than pleased with how my Sitka Downpour Jacket and Pants have stood up to two years HARD work, but if I was looking for an alternative, I'd as likely buy Kuiu...

Let us know how you get on with it during your season's hunting...reviews I read on US b**hunting sites are full of praise for Kuiu

Will do.. Worn it on 2 outings now where I would have either had to carry my pro Hunter or would have been wet on the inside through sweat.. Completely forgot I had it on! Certainly breathes as well as they claim.. Am actually looking forward to getting out in some driving rain! Lol

As for the camo/plain argument... I went to see my 24 yo son and his wife do the Yorkshire warrior last weekend.. They both actually commented on the jacket (it was all I had in the car and did feel a tad self concious) the comments were actually that it looked cool and trendy (Verde camo.) I wouldn't wear real tree or even dpm unless I was out in the field but I would wear this anywhere casual! Looks good with a pair of jeans..

Hi all,

Thinking of taking the plunge for a Kuiu jacket. For spring summer stalking with the occasional shower would any of you have a specific model in mind? Chugach? Yukon? Axis Hybrid? So many models!

best

I have some Kuiu stuff - I love the Peleton 240 jacket Guide jacket is decent but if i am being honest soft shell from Arcetryx is better
Watch sizing though had to sell my Yukon jacket cos it was too big in XXL - guide neat in XL - peleton perfect in XL
Really well thought out kit in good colour options and arrives promptly
Look for Pedro De Ampuro on YouTube he is a pro hunter and is their European link I have asked him questions via social media and he is a very helpful guy

I bought the guide jacket and pants and in my own opinion it's nothing special , I always wear layering and this doesn't seem to keep the cold or wind out, I bought the guide range as it is rated for Late season but as I say not really impressed and wouldn't rate it for really cold days.
Also sizing, the guide jacket fits as it should and the trouser waist is good and as should be but the legs are baggy with a lot of room and I haven't got the skinniest legs in the world.
I would like to try the other ranges especially the waterproof range but I will wait and see some more reviews.
Also be aware of the DWR system, this is water-resistant and not waterproof but in all fairness it does state that.

Back