shooting times deer article

hottopic

Did anybody read the article in the Shooting Times by David Wiggins NGO deer branch chairman? I thought it was exactly what we need, a sensible approach to deer management from on the ground as a posed to a high and mighty system controlled centrally. David spoke a lot of scenes about other issues such as HLS and vermin control.

You should all have a read and post your thoughts.

Yes I agree, a very level headed approach. Deer management has to be done by local stalkers on their own ground to be fully successful. Couple this with good relationships with neighbouring stalkers mean that collaborative stalking moves can be carried out to have an affect on transient Fallow for example.

I'll be honest and say that I'm not normally the NGO's biggest fan but I thought that this was one of the best things that I've read in Shooting Times for a long while.

I would like to have a whiskey or two with that chap and talk deer.

There was one point that I wasn't sure about, something about the proportion of the UK deer cull that is conducted but NGO members but I can't remember the details, I would like to see that explained a little better but, other than that it was an excellent article.

I'll be honest and say that I'm not normally the NGO's biggest fan but I thought that this was one of the best things that I've read in Shooting Times for a long while.

I would like to have a whiskey or two with that chap and talk deer.

There was one point that I wasn't sure about, something about the proportion of the UK deer cull that is conducted but NGO members but I can't remember the details, I would like to see that explained a little better but, other than that it was an excellent article.

You talking about the minimum bullet weight for E&W? There are more than a few errors in this week's Shooting Times. Another one that caught the eye was the .308 SHOTGUN that you could win.

You talking about the minimum bullet weight for E&W? There are more than a few errors in this week's Shooting Times. Another one that caught the eye was the .308 SHOTGUN that you could win.

Seen the shotgun. But i think f/lbs were a little wrong. Also as you say the weight.

Nutty

Last edited:
To be honest nutty I just picked it up this afternoon and have only flicked through it and picked up on a few mistakes. Looks like they could do with a proof reader.:D

Well at least they don't have as many errors as another well know magazine that even had a regular column entitled sack cloth and ashes where they printed the corrections from the previous edition of the magazine.

To be honest nutty I just picked it up this afternoon and have only flicked through it and picked up on a few mistakes. Looks like they could do with a proof reader.:D

Well at least they don't have as many errors as another well know magazine that even had a regular column entitled sack cloth and ashes where they printed the corrections from the previous edition of the magazine.

Yip . Ive just edited my post aswell. The Jack Daniels is setting in...

Nuttu

Good article, there was also one regarding deer and woodland which I enjoyed, not sure if that was Shooting times as well

Back