Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tikka

Tikka

Trying to decide browning x bolt or tikka advise welcome please looking at a complete new set up so advise on
    rifle make and model
    scope and mounts
    and moderator
    i was looking at this set up

Tikka T3 Lite .243Win 20
    Roedale Delta Ultralight Spigoted Moderator
    Leupold 2 Piece QuickRelease Bases
    Leupold 1inch QuickRelease Extension Rings
    Schmidt and BenderClassic 8x56 Hungarian

any one else that can advise id be most grateful
    thanks

I'd just replace the mounts with optilocks. Apart from that, you can't go wrong

will admit i did look at the optilock mounts and id agree yes hoeevr S&B 8x56 ok all around do you think last i had was a 3-12x56 doctor optic

Not to sure on the moderators to be honest i DONT want big and bulky

I would go burris bases. They will let you fit any weaver rings.
    Im not a fan of optilock rings. Because there are to many screws on them.

and the screws are soft steel. After swapping and changing over these rings onto different rifles.
    the screws soon round off. From loosening and tightening. Sako must know thry had this problem. Because now thry put the star heads on there rings
    Last edited by jay 22; 16-02-2014 at 06:43.

Quote Originally Posted by deerstalker39 View Post
    will admit i did look at the optilock mounts and id agree yes hoeevr S&B 8x56 ok all around do you think last i had was a 3-12x56 doctor optic

S&B 8x56 is a brilliant choice all you will need night or day. As for rifle i have Tika in .243 and no problems.

Jimbo

I too would go with the Optilock rings. I was silly and changed the rings on my Sako from Optilock to QR Leupold so as to standardise on one system and allow me to change scopes between rifles. I now regret that move.
    I would consider other moderators having heard bad things about the Roedale moderator.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

what is wrong with leupold mounts i have allways found them very good quality? optilock mounts are also very good.

Unfortunately I had an instance when the release lever was knocked when the rifle was being transported in the truck one evening and I hadn't noticed. It's a long story that I've told before just sufficient to say that I grazed a roe doe that was an absolute sitter of a shot only 60 yards away as a result.
    I have never had any problems with the Optolocks that I have used for many years and will possibly return to them as I have confidence in them. With the Leupold QR rings I now tend to check them constantly rather than only occasionally. Another option would be to change them for permanent rings.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

It looks good apart from mod have a look at the hardy gen 4 or the aimsonic
    8x56 S&B can't go wrong there good all round scope
    Tikka yup . But would get a full rail fitted just to give you a bit more to play with in the future.
    rings yup . Again get good ones as this is sometime missed out, if not it wont matter how much you pay for the rest if you glass is't mounted correct then your faith in your new toy will not give the confidence you need to shoot with.