Any thoughts about the Harris BiPod 13.5-27 Swivel...?

Wildboar1973

Hi All!
After some very good experiences with the Harris Bipod 13.5-27 swivel action up in the Welsh mountains, I am thinking about getting one on one of my guns...
It will fit perfect my needs, and will allow me to shoot in different positions, perfect for my terrrain. A may also leave the sticks at home..?

So, do you have any experiences with them, do you know where to get them with a great value offer, or do you have any experiences with some cheaper alternatives?

Thanks for any answers and support!

Atb

Michael

I regularly have my longer bipod fitted as it means I can sit with my back to something solid and have the rifle sat in my shoulder, leaving both hands free glassing... Pain in the butt to stalk with as you need to close it all up to move, but for "ambush" purposes it's great.

There are cheaper options than Harris, but I won't buy anything else - you'll save maybe £30 on RRP, which in the great scheme of things is nothing. They occasionally come up on here secondhand and a chunk less than the £100ish new price. There are more expensive options as well, and some folks swear by those as well... Horses for courses I guess

You may find a shorter set of sticks offer more flexibility. The big bipod is very specific and in deep heather it seemed a better idea than it turned out to be.

There was a guy selling a detachable carbon fibre bipod at the show - £225 but was a very smart idea... I'll see if I can find his business card.

I use a Harris 9-13 tilting and it's a wonderful bit of kit, worth looking at the carbon fibre though

Thanks for your comments....
I use a 9-13 variation already, I just thought a longer one will allow shooting when sitting, and being a bit further up above the vegetation...?

I have the 5 to 9 and the 13 to 27 both are swivel type with pod locks, the small one is used more, either for shooting over the
bonnet or zeroing, and as a rifle support for maintenance. The long one is good but rarely used, on the face of it it should be ideal
for sitting and kneeling shots, the truth is I use short sticks more and more, and have recently gone back to using my very first set
of sticks which were shop bought and about 36 inches long, they have a rubber tube top loop and can be left dangling from the rifle
while it is slung over your shoulder, they cost about £30 and are far more adaptable then the big bipod.

Neil. :)

They are spot on for sitting shots or when the grass or heather are a tad long. My rifle always wears one.

Nutty

Use one if iam sitting out handy in long grass snow etc sitting .also use small size bean poll quad sticks find them even better full hands free and rifle off the ground £6 home made

I have one and it's never left my rifle since the day it was bought, great bit of kit. I stalk with it no problem at all and really handy for sitting shots, especially when the cover gets up.

Use one if iam sitting out handy in long grass snow etc sitting .also use small size bean poll quad sticks find them even better full hands free and rifle off the ground £6 home made

This is what I use now. I found it much more versatile than the tall pod, although I will always carry my 9-13 versa pod for a prone shot.

Too heavy, and too tall. Sold mine. 9-13 for stalking plus stoney point tripod sticks for standing and sitting shots. Could possibly see a use on the hill, although not on a hill near me.

Has anyone used the Javelin Bipod?

Would love to know their thoughts on it, looks like a very good idea.

ATB

Bryan

Welcome to the JAVELIN BIPOD website - he does collapsible shooting sticks that will fit the same adapter too I believe!

I had a good look at one yesterday, nicely made and easy to fit/remove, but personally I think an answer to problem that doesn't exist.
Yes it's light and looks flash, but it does nothing that a Harris doesn't, and it isn't as strong or steady.

Normally I like carbon fibre bling, but I'd not pay the asking price when the Harris is going to be more reliable and easier to adjust for height.

I had a good look at one yesterday, nicely made and easy to fit/remove, but personally I think an answer to problem that doesn't exist.
Yes it's light and looks flash, but it does nothing that a Harris doesn't, and it isn't as strong or steady.

Normally I like carbon fibre bling, but I'd not pay the asking price when the Harris is going to be more reliable and easier to adjust for height.

I know what you're saying, though I reckon it has a niche with hill stalkers where the weight saving is significant. If I didnt already own 2 Harris bipods (and cost wasn't an issue) I'd have given this a go.

In reality I rarely use my bipod when stalking as usually have sticks, so having something light I could clip on should I need it does have some appeal... prob not £250 worth of appeal though :D

I use the long bipod on the hill, where all your shots are prone used to have the 9-13 which I found was to short for long heather, although I use the long one now it's never used fully extended, it just gives that extra bit of length over the short one when you need it.

For woodland stalking I prefer sticks.

I use the long bipod on the hill, where all your shots are prone used to have the 9-13 which I found was to short for long heather, although I use the long one now it's never used fully extended, it just gives that extra bit of length over the short one when you need it.

For woodland stalking I prefer sticks.

I would completely echo BT's post and is the reason I own the short and long set...

Short one used for zeroing or lamping off the bonnet of the car, long one for tall cover or sitting shots...

All get left off when up a high seat though, just get in the way...

I use a standard 9-13 however i always carry a pair of stoney point sticks, so extended used for standing shots (rare) but collapsed are ideal length for sitting/kneeling shots, very adaptable bit of kit.

D

27 inch too high unless you are 7 foot tall, when legs are in its to high for comfy prone position, ive the 25 inch harris and use not opened fully for sitting shots, down hill shots would require legs to be even further in in my experience, atb swaro

Back