Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: First Red Hinds

  1. #1

    First Red Hinds

    Went hind stalking for the first time earlier this month. Just thought I'd sick a couple of photos. Apart from a shakey start ie Crappy slip broke and caused me to drop rifle, and missing a calf with estate rifle after a long stalk and lying in the cold and rain for about 30min waiting for him to stand up , I had a fantastic day.

    Ended up shooting 2 hinds in the afternoon, also saw my first wild Golden eagle






  2. #2
    Congratulations on the sucessful stalk

    Of course now you need to go an get a new decent rifle slip

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter
    Congratulations on the sucessful stalk

    Of course now you need to go an get a new decent rifle slip
    Thanks BH 8), Been looking at the Brady slips, but having just bought a new Swarovski scope, I think I'll let the dust settle with Mrs S before I spend any more cash Besides, I think Santa has left my wallet pretty empty at the moment

  4. #4

  5. #5

    Re: First Red Hinds

    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer
    Apart from a shakey start ie Crappy slip broke and caused me to drop rifle
    Congrats on a good result. Maybe one of these should be on your shopping list?


    I've just bought one from http://www.deepblueshooting.com/depa...le-case/431173 the price was reasonable and although I'm woodland stalking I'm guessing that the rucksack straps and pockets will make it more than suitable for the hill.

  6. #6
    i took my prohunter, complete with sight, t8mod and largest swivel harris bipod into Bushwear and got a great case, perfect fit, could have been made to measure for 30.
    Jim

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by roe steak
    you shot a donkey!
    A baby donkey as well!

  8. #8

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer
    Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter
    Congratulations on the sucessful stalk

    Of course now you need to go an get a new decent rifle slip
    Thanks BH 8), Been looking at the Brady slips, but having just bought a new Swarovski scope, I think I'll let the dust settle with Mrs S before I spend any more cash Besides, I think Santa has left my wallet pretty empty at the moment
    my wallet is always empty from one thing or another. It was not Christmas as that was cancelled this year here. In fact we have not even had Christmas dinner yet. Having ambulances and paramedics all over the front room tends to spoil it all. My father who is elderly developed a couple of infections and was taken in on Christmas day, we picked him upa few days ago so until he feels well enough to actually eat a Christmas dinner it's in the freezer

    I will be in the same position soon requiring a new slip, one that will take the rifle with a mod fitted, but I need to get the moderator first perhaps one day I will get the chance of Stalking Reds in Scotland but for now that's not possible as it's too far to travel and the cost is beyond my meagre means right now. I can only spend about two days away as I am dad's carer.

Similar Threads

  1. selecting hinds!!
    By mrkipling in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 30-11-2009, 23:26
  2. red hinds & calves!!
    By karbon77 in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 03-10-2009, 23:01
  3. RED HINDS AND CALVES .
    By stag1933 in forum Photos
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26-04-2009, 22:30
  4. Two Syndicate Members Needed For RED ROE Hinds/does
    By Amberdog in forum Deer Stalking Opportunities
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 30-09-2008, 21:18
  5. Sika Hinds.
    By stag1933 in forum Photos
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-08-2008, 19:25

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •