Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NM 800 / xsearcher

NM 800 / xsearcher

Hi guys going to treat myself to a new toy and as the only time I seem to be able to get out shooting if atol is at night I was thinking of 1 of the above torches as a replacement to carrying about my blitz are these worth the price tag and worthy of the hype about them . Any responses appreciated as I can't make my mind up.

The Nitemaster is very good as a ir for NV or for a gun mounted lamp when your out solo, as for general lamping I personally don't think the xsearcher is as good as the LF170 sounds like you have a blitz you may not like the very tight beam given by the xsearcher, my advice and this is only me, if your looking for a gun mounted torch then buy one if your gonna be using them for general lamping put the money towards a Deben lithium battery!

SD Regular
    The bottom line is that the two lamps are different. The Red LED emits a different sort of red to a LF, and, as has been said a tighter beam. I have corroborated with several different people that you can shoot at least 50yds further with an XSearcher with red than a LF170 with a red filter. The ability to swap light sources is invaluable and it is a very compact unit. For hunting on your eon, I think it is hard to beat
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Cheers guys good to hear your opinions.

I can get you a decent price on both the Xsearcher and Nm800 with / without accessories........
    Grampian Guns (RFD)
    Independant Moderator / Supressor Suppliers
    ..........for those who like a quiet life !
    Our mission.......Customer satisfaction......plain and simple.

What sort of price do you do the 800 turbo kit for Remmy and also how much are the extra leds

Hi has anyone used the new demon red for the NM and how does it compare to the standard red

Just ordered a few....will feedback once it arrives!!
    Grampian Guns (RFD)
    Independant Moderator / Supressor Suppliers
    ..........for those who like a quiet life !
    Our mission.......Customer satisfaction......plain and simple.

just picked up scope mounted torch , will try at week end got to be better than l/f and alarm batts ,its red led and ive ordered a green as well ,from what ive heard there really good , i know its not like l/f but i will tell you this its about ten/12 ounces with batt in.

Established Poster
    View my Gallery (3)View my Gallery (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by KMCK View Post
    Hi has anyone used the new demon red for the NM and how does it compare to the standard red
    Hi KMCK
    I'm using the Nm800 with red led which I have found to be very good over the distances I'm shooting (100-200mts)
    I've just got the IR led which I use with my recon spotter. So far it seems really good. I have'nt heard of the Demon.
    Is it different in some way ?

Cheers

Alan