NM 800 / xsearcher

Hw60sniper

Hi guys going to treat myself to a new toy and as the only time I seem to be able to get out shooting if atol is at night I was thinking of 1 of the above torches as a replacement to carrying about my blitz are these worth the price tag and worthy of the hype about them . Any responses appreciated as I can't make my mind up.

The Nitemaster is very good as a ir for NV or for a gun mounted lamp when your out solo, as for general lamping I personally don't think the xsearcher is as good as the LF170 sounds like you have a blitz you may not like the very tight beam given by the xsearcher, my advice and this is only me, if your looking for a gun mounted torch then buy one if your gonna be using them for general lamping put the money towards a Deben lithium battery!

The bottom line is that the two lamps are different. The Red LED emits a different sort of red to a LF, and, as has been said a tighter beam. I have corroborated with several different people that you can shoot at least 50yds further with an XSearcher with red than a LF170 with a red filter. The ability to swap light sources is invaluable and it is a very compact unit. For hunting on your eon, I think it is hard to beat

Hi has anyone used the new demon red for the NM and how does it compare to the standard red

just picked up scope mounted torch , will try at week end got to be better than l/f and alarm batts ,its red led and ive ordered a green as well ,from what ive heard there really good , i know its not like l/f but i will tell you this its about ten/12 ounces with batt in.

Hi has anyone used the new demon red for the NM and how does it compare to the standard red

Hi KMCK
I'm using the Nm800 with red led which I have found to be very good over the distances I'm shooting (100-200mts)
I've just got the IR led which I use with my recon spotter. So far it seems really good. I have'nt heard of the Demon.
Is it different in some way ?

Cheers

Alan

Hi Alanskirk i have the xsearcher bought in the USA and the nm v2 same as the nm800 but bought from Germany ,i have been told the Demon Red throws further just waiting on someone to confirm it

Last edited:
The Demon is a red 3 mode LED (Hi Med Lo) the high power setting is brighter than the normal red LED brightness.....(I have ordered 10 as think they will sell well)

Alan...I take it you are using your Nm800 with the Pulsar Recon 750 spotter....interested to hear your views on how it performs.

Cheers

Col

The Demon is a red 3 mode LED (Hi Med Lo) the high power setting is brighter than the normal red LED brightness.....(I have ordered 10 as think they will sell well)

Alan...I take it you are using your Nm800 with the Pulsar Recon 750 spotter....interested to hear your views on how it performs.

Cheers

Col

Hi Col
I'm using it with the recon 550. I got the long range kit from Scott Country which came with the pulsar 850.
Out of the box, it was great. I got the IR led and use it in the NM800 and I was amazed.
I had tried a gen1 cobra which a friend had, but there is no comparison.
I don't know how other folk rate it, but so far the digital stuff is just superb.
I'm viewing out to about 350/400mts.
With the inbuilt IR its way beyond its distance but still recognisable.
With the Pulsar 850 its very good and very usable.
With the NM800 its just better and by adjusting the spot/flood, it allows u to fill in dark areas under trees etc.
The recon is more manageable with the pulsar attached,but that is just due to dimensions.
I have been using the recon and 850 to spot and had the NM800 with red led above the scope for the shot.
I didn't want to dedicate the rifle to NV but given the ability of digital, I might have change my mind !
Hope this helps I look forward to hearing your thoughts.
Cheers
Alan

Back