Thread: .22 Hornet complete reloading guide

.22 Hornet complete reloading guide

the complete guide to reloading .22 hornet 18.00 posted

So what book is this, I can't find it with google, all that comes up is the one book one calibre one.

Neil.

That's the one Neil, with the descriptive title as there's nothing else about.

http://www.loadbooks.com/Store.html

I bought a complete set (of 6) of these two years ago @ 5 apiece. The data looked old, and pre-dated the publication date by some years.

They are a bit like the Lee Modern Reloading 2nd Edition which is no more than a reprint of the free booklets & pamphlets from the major powder companies like IMR and Hodgdon, with outdated data culled from the Vihtavuouri (Lapua) websites. They're biased to the older IMR extruded 'stick' series available in the U.S. since year dot.

I have no idea whether these are actively updated, but you have to wonder whether print guides to reloading data have a future.
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

It is this guide

Lee

Thought it might be, although why you would buy all the old editions rather than just the new updated one I don't know.
    Good luck

Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet 6 View Post
    Thought it might be, although why you would buy all the old editions rather than just the new updated one I don't know.
    Good luck

Neil.
    You've missed my point, and I'm not being obtuse.

These were bought from a reputable gunmakers' stand at the Gamefair so were presumably the most recent they had. There's no time stamp or edition numbers on this sort of media sold at trade fairs, or indeed anything similar bought from SD. How does one establish whether re-printed material actually for sale is the 'new updated one' ... to use your words?

You don't know what you're buying, or have bought until you check the contents ....... then the penny drops.

Good luck to you too.
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinistral View Post
    You don't know what you're buying, or have bought until you check the contents ....... then the penny drops.

Good luck to you too.
    Correct, and we have all done it a few times.
    The nice thing about having the older books as well is to track what happens to published "do not exceed" loads.
    I do the same with older manuals, funny thing is they all get reduced as time passes, but predicted velocity doesn't

Neil.

The idea of the guides are for people who don't want to buy several different load data books if for instance they only reload for one calibre, also as the American litigation gets ever more complexed manufacturers are reducing original loads from days gone by, some people collect the old Lee data sheets from dies as the load data on those are very informative to reloaders

I bought a range of these guides a total of 11 calibre's as basic reference but no longer shoot this calibre

lee