Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reloading load data favour.

Reloading load data favour.

Hi guys

picked up some .308 Hornady 150gr BTSP interlocks at the show yesterday and while I have the Norma reloading Manuel and the lee one on its way I'm yet to buy the Hornady one (hopefully in a few weeks after payday)

can an any one send me the book (or yours) loading data for this round or if anyone has a PDF of the Manuel I could have ( don't mind making small donation to the site or charity etc if need be)

thanks
    Michael

What powder?? Also look on the hornady, and vit web site for data.

Nutty

Quote Originally Posted by nuttyspaniel View Post
    What powder?? Also look on the hornady, and vit web site for data.

Nutty
    N150

i have had a look on Hornady website but no joy, not thought of the vit site.

Will give that that a go.

Thanks
    Michael

Checked the vit / Lapua site but does not list hornady 150's

Thanks
    Michael

For the love of God. It's a standard 150 grain bullet. Use 150 grain load data.~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    For the love of God. It's a standard 150 grain bullet. Use 150 grain load data.~Muir
    What Muir said.

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post

Well thanks for your very nice comment. (Sarcasm I know)

I read on here and everyone goes on about don’t exceed maximum etc etc blah blah so I thought I would do the right thing and ask the nice people on SD.

I’m new to this so trying to do things by the book. And when the books I do read / information I have is so different of course I’m going to ask these questions, after all that’s what a forum is for.

So the data I have is. (All 150gr)
    Sierra SPBT min 43.6 max 49.9
    Lapua lock base min 43.2 max 45.2
    Sierra HPBT min 42.2 max 48.5
    Nosler 150gr min 42.5 max 46.5

So as you can see (from what I’m going from) there is a difference of over 4 grains between max's.

Now yes I will be working up loads and checking but if I know the max is 46 what’s the point of me loading to 49 only to have to take them apart.

So thanks for your comment but I will wait for a useful comment to come along.

Thanks (or not)

Michael
    Last edited by michaeli; 17-02-2014 at 16:26. Reason: after my huff, checked my spelling

Interesting point actually. I'm looking to develop a load for a 150gr flat-based soft point for my 7mm-08, and all the load data I can find is for boat-tail rounds (and Barnes thingies, which are something else altogether). I don't know whether that makes any practical difference.

Quote Originally Posted by michaeli View Post

Well thanks for your very nice comment. (Sarcasm I know)

I read on here and everyone goes on about don’t exceed maximum etc etc blah blah so I thought I would do the right thing and ask the nice people on SD.

I’m new to this so trying to do things by the book. And when the books I do read / information I have is so different of course I’m going to ask these questions, after all that’s what a forum is for.

So the data I have is. (All 150gr)
    Sierra SPBT min 43.6 max 49.9
    Lapua lock base min 43.2 max 45.2
    Sierra HPBT min 42.2 max 48.5
    Nosler 150gr min 42.5 max 46.5

So as you can see (from what I’m going from) there is a difference of over 4 grains between max's.

Now yes I will be working up loads and checking but if I know the max is 46 what’s the point of me loading to 49 only to have to take them apart.

So thanks for your comment but I will wait for a useful comment to come along.

Thanks (or not)

Michael
    Sarcasm, yes, but wait til you get your Lee Book. Most of the bullets listed are done generically, by weight alone, and generally speaking, that's OK.

So you're new reloading and you might want to get some things sorted in your head before reading too much differing data gives you a headache: All data is what the generating entity got on THAT day, with THAT LOT of powder and THAT bullet from THEIR gun. (pressure gun or otherwise) It is not an absolute, so worrying about where they got their MAX is a bit of a waste of time because you will determine YOUR max on your own. In the data you gave, note that the STARTING data is within about a grain. If you averaged all of the starting data and, as you should, began there, you will have no problems.~Muir

I know you weren't answering my question, but thanks, that helps. 34.9 to 39.7 grains of N140 it is then (which is what Mister Vihtavuori suggests for a 150gr Sierra MatchKing).