Thread: Flipping Huge Muntie buck on M$ hard shoulder this afternoon

Flipping Huge Muntie buck on M$ hard shoulder this afternoon

Was driving home today about 4.20pm westbound on the M4 between Slough and Reading, there was, what I thought was dead un on the edge of the hard shoulder, which then moved and turned around, twas only a flippin huge munti buck, antlers as big as I have ever seen on a Muntjac.

Bold as brass! He was less than a foot from the edge of the hard shoulder, just browsing along.

Made me chuckle.

I see quite a few munties around Reading. Also see LOADS of Roe every morning driving along the M4, although I have never actually seen one on the M4. I have seen one on the side of the A33 going into Reading, again, bold as brass. Quite a few about.

Heading east towards Reading services there was about half a dozen roe running down the side of the motorway which looked like they were going to run up the on ramp for westbound traffic just before Reading services. Just after the big wind turbine and stuck in a lot of traffic, there was a dead munty which had only just recently been struck as lots of fresh blood around.

Heaps of both species all along that stretch, has been for years, nice specimens too, lots from Wellington Country Park all up to M4, but cant track down owner of the land, nice to see though

Alive with roe saw them daily when I used to work in Reading. Ideal munty terrain lots of old gravel pits and huge areas of bramble.

D

Never seen a Muntjack up in the NE yet