New service from Jelen Deer Services

Jelendeer

Advanced rifle coating now available from Jelen Deer Services

With all this damp weather (understatement!) I am sure you agree that its even more important to protect your rifle from the elements if you expect it to deliver pinpoint accuracy time after time.

So I thought you may be interested in a new professional service now available through Jelen Deer Services.

A short while ago, I decided to get my Sako .25-06 rifle treated with Cerakote®, a high quality ceramic coating that will protect all firearms from everything the British weather can throw at them!

The results were incredible. The coating on my 15 year old Sako provided by Tactical Coatings UK exceeded my expectations by a mile!

We are now able to provide this professional service to deer stalkers and managers throughout the UK.

To find out more about this excellent service, click on the link below:

CLICK HERE FOR FULL DETAILS

Please don't hesitate to get in touch with me if you need any further advice, help or information.

Best regards,

Mike.

looks intresting, is it guaranteed for 'x' amount of years??
many thanks
simon

Last edited:
Surely it would be cheaper to take it straight to them (or Jager SA), or am I missing something? I'm assuming that they will do the work and you charge a commission as a middle man?
ms

Surely it would be cheaper to take it straight to them (or Jager SA), or am I missing something? I'm assuming that they will do the work and you charge a commission as a middle man?
ms

Well thats ****ed all over that you naughty monkey...

Unless ofcourse mikes counting on enough interest to cut a deal for the masses.

ms

Monkey, if its all about cheap for you (and you're one of the 15% of the British public who buy on price only!), then just get down pound land, buy a brush and then get down Jewsons buy a small tin of Hammerite and slap it on :rofl: I assume that would be cheaper i'm sure, and then that way you could cut out the 'middle man'.

BUT for the 85% of SD members who don't do cheap, but buy on value and quality, then do get in touch. We'd be pleased to help.

Regards,

Mike.

Mike Allison
Managing Director - Jelen Deer Services
01264 811155

I'm sure mr jäger SA don't use Hammerite at least I hope not :D As my old remy is in for a make over with James .
i don't think jäger will worry too much about some healthy competition either as he offers a full gunsmithing job as well as cerokote
Well done mike you obviously done your research mate what else has the jelen company got planned for the future you don't stand still long do you .
Kind regards
norma

Last edited:
I'm sure mr jäger SA don't use Hammerite at least I hope not :D As my old remy is in for a make over with James .
i don't think jäger will worry too much about some healthy competition either as he offers a full gunsmithing job as well as cerokote
Well done mike you obviously done your research mate what else has the jelen company got planned for the future you don't stand still long do you .
Kind regards
norma

Nooo, I don't use Hammerite, but I could if you wanted. I just use the same coatings (Cerakote and Duracoat) I've been using for the last 7 years offering a high quality value for money service who won't be beaten on price.
After all folks it's not rocket science, come to think of it out of the 100s of projects I've done over the years, I don't recall any science being required. :D

Last edited:
Nooo, I don't use Hammerite, but I could if you wanted. I just the same coatings (Cerakote and Duracoat) I've been using for the last 7 years offering a high quality value for money service who won't be beaten on price.
After all folks it's not rocket science, come to think of it out of the 100s of projects I've done over the years, I don't recall any science being required. :D

Hi James,

Just to make it perfectly clear, my post was in no way a suggestion that you use Hammerite, or produces anything less than a top quality product. I have researched! It was simply a 'tongue-in-cheek' visualised comment about Monkey's quest for cheap!!! …

When we (Jelen) decide to offer a new product/service, it isn't because we think nobody else is doing it, its so we can offer a greater range of professional services to our customers - increasing our service portfolio. Furthermore we don't particularly view anyone producing high-end products and services as competition. At that level there is a significant amount of cross-business interaction and reciprocal business opportunities generated through professionals.

It is surprising how many people think that professional service providers are all at each others throats. That is certainly not the case, especially at the high-end.

Finally all our products and services are marketed on their merits, not by criticising other provider's services or products.

Regards,

Mike

Mike Allison
01264 811155

Monkey, if its all about cheap for you (and you're one of the 15% of the British public who buy on price only!), then just get down pound land, buy a brush and then get down Jewsons buy a small tin of Hammerite and slap it on :rofl: I assume that would be cheaper i'm sure, and then that way you could cut out the 'middle man'.

BUT for the 85% of SD members who don't do cheap, but buy on value and quality, then do get in touch. We'd be pleased to help.

Regards,

Mike.

Mike Allison
01264 811155

This is what bemuses me about the shooting world where some people seem to be convinced that paying more for something means it will always be better!:cuckoo:
In my experience, it generally means that someone is ‘pulling your pants down’!:lol:
Not only that, as soon as a middle man becomes involved, you lose the interface between the customer and the supplier. I personally prefer to be able to discuss my requirements to the person that is actually doing the work as they will often be able to advise or suggest better alternatives to what you had planned based on their experience. It also gets very messy when something doesn’t go quite right, although the middle man is clearly liable to rectify or refund as applicable.

You are right though, I did take my rifle to ‘poundland’ to get it coated! But whilst there, I was able to discuss colour variations and view similar work to base my decision on. I then discovered that I could not only view and have a choice of colours, but could decide upon the surface finish of each when applied. I endedup with this:

A 4-colour ‘VietnameseTiger Stripe’ Cerakote finish (I decided against the Hammerite!):rolleyes:. Each colour also has a different surface finish which breaks up the reflectivity as well as the colour. Actually though, I didn’t truthfully take it to Poundland. It was already there as he also built the rifle for not much more than another pound!
I liken this scenario to the venison trade where some people seem to believe that buying expensive venison from a supermarket somehow gives them a better product, when actually each stage relies on the previous stage for the final quality. All it does is elevate the price for exactly the same product! If you get rid of all the middle men, not only have you saved yourself a wedge of money, you get exactly what you want to YOUR specification from a primary supplier. This often makes the product better as it is bespoke.
Quality of product and service are more important to me than price. Having my pants pulled down is not an option I would consider!:lol:
Good luck with your new venture though as always!
:tiphat:

MS (Am I cheap? Honesty is an expensive gift which you will not get from cheap people. ;))

Last edited:
Hi James,

Just to make it perfectly clear, my post was in no way a suggestion that you use Hammerite, or produces anything less than a top quality product. I have researched! It was simply a 'tongue-in-cheek' visualised comment about Monkey's quest for cheap!!! …

When we (Jelen) decide to offer a new product/service, it isn't because we think nobody else is doing it, its so we can offer a greater range of professional services to our customers - increasing our service portfolio. Furthermore we don't particularly view anyone producing high-end products and services as competition. At that level there is a significant amount of cross-business interaction and reciprocal business opportunities generated through professionals.

It is surprising how many people think that professional service providers are all at each others throats. That is certainly not the case, especially at the high-end.

Finally all our products and services are marketed on their merits, not by criticising other provider's services or products.

Regards,

Mike

Mike Allison
01264 811155

Mike, no problem, I didn't think for one minute you suggested I use Hammerite so no issue. As many know I've been offering coating services for over 7 years, I introduced the concept to the UK as a full on business which has lead onto a lot more than I thought.
However, since then there are a few others offering coating and why not, it doesn't affect me one bit. If people are happy to pay double in some cases, what I offer for the same quality service that's up to them I don't have any issues. What I do have issues with is some folk (Not yourself) bigging up the process as another dark art, it really isn't, my 8 year old niece can do it.

Rgds

i think ill keep my business with JagerSA ta very much and save myself a "CONSIDERABLE" sum on money , to which he had already cerakoted and built my 30-06 and coated my shotgun barrels and im in the early stages of planning the next rifle build.

i think ill keep my business with JagerSA ta very much and save myself a "CONSIDERABLE" sum on money , to which he had already cerakoted and built my 30-06 and coated my shotgun barrels and im in the early stages of planning the next rifle build.

Ooh, what you looking at this time? :) I have barrels in the shelf and a few actions requiring homes. ;)

Nooo, I don't use Hammerite, but I could if you wanted. I just use the same coatings (Cerakote and Duracoat) I've been using for the last 7 years offering a high quality value for money service who won't be beaten on price.

:british:

will it stablise 110-130 grain bullets? I normally use 110s but 'just in case' I might want to go a tad heavier.
Can you pm me with a price for a rebarrel please

cheers!

Back