Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trimming cartridge cases

Trimming cartridge cases

Dear all...I'm brand new to reloading and seek some advice regarding case length for .243. Apparently max length should be 2.045"....my question essdentially is this. Is there a minimum length to cut back to? What are your recommendations. Regards.

Take a look at the saami specs

http://saami.org/specifications_and_information/index . com

243 is 2.045 -0.02
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

limulus thank you, I'll have a look. Incidentally, I purchased some secondhand reloading gear, which had an RCBS case trimmer tool, but also the LA Wilson "lathe" on a stand. I've read they are very accurate, but do I need one that good or should I consider selling it? Regards.

You should sell it immediately to me for 10
    Can I have your PayPal address Please?
    Quad sticks

I like a sense of humour and although I'm new to reloading I know what my kit is worth. I may have some things to sell, including this item, but until I post 30 items I cannot advertise. I'm not looking to shortcut protocols and I'm in no rush to get rid. But thanks for your interest!!

I offer 8 as I do not think you should be burdened by a bad conscience because you sold the trimmer for far too much.
    "Nonsense! They couldn't hit an elephant at this dista.....................".

You will all be offering to take kit for me for free next...as a favour!! My RCBS balance scales must be worth at least a shilling...in old money for those that are old enough!

Nah, sixpence maybe if you pay the post
    Quad sticks

Quote Originally Posted by Assaye View Post
    You will all be offering to take kit for me for free next...as a favour!! My RCBS balance scales must be worth at least a shilling...in old money for those that are old enough!
    You are taking this much too seriously, but to help you out just this once, if you leave the trimmer at the end of your road with a 20 note, I will collect it in the morning.

Oh yes, you can add the RCBS scales for no extra charge.
    "Nonsense! They couldn't hit an elephant at this dista.....................".

Quote Originally Posted by Assaye View Post
    Dear all...I'm brand new to reloading and seek some advice regarding case length for .243. Apparently max length should be 2.045"....my question essdentially is this. Is there a minimum length to cut back to? What are your recommendations. Regards.
    Hi, I trim all my .243 Win cases to 2.035" .As you say 2.045" is max length. I have some once fired cases that are under the 2.035" , norma I think. My dimensions are taken from the Hodgdon site. May not be the minimum as you ask, but just so happens to be the trim length I get from a lee cutter & case length gauge.

http://www.hodgdonreloading.com/data/rifle