Thread: Cabela's co-founder dies

Cabela's co-founder dies

Richard Cabela, a co-founder of outdoor outfitter Cabela's, died Monday. He was 77.
    Cabela, who went by the name Dick, died at his home in Sidney, where the company is based, said spokesman Joe Arterburn.
    The company that sells outdoor gear and sporting goods got its start humbly in 1961 when Cabela bought $45 of fishing flies in Chicago. When the flies didn't sell quickly at the family's furniture store in Chappell, Neb., Cabela started selling them through the mail with his wife Mary and brother Jim.

http://www.philly.com/philly/obituar...rGmoVM6fBcF.99

Life should be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving skidding in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

Sad to hear that.

i go to Cabelas all the time when in Indiana shooting. What an amazing store...... If only we had them like that over here. I've got a hat I got at a garage sale from cabelas Nebraska, old duck camo made of first gen goretex.

Quote Originally Posted by jasey81 View Post
    Sad to hear that.

i go to Cabelas all the time when in Indiana shooting. What an amazing store...... If only we had them like that over here. I've got a hat I got at a garage sale from cabelas Nebraska, old duck camo made of first gen goretex.
    If you had one over there the novelty would wear off quickly. The staff at Cabelas is known for being short on social skills and practical knowledge -and the prices are high. Higher than all the other local stores. Too bad about the old man. I probably met him at some point at the old Sidney store.~Muir