Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Running Boar Range

Running Boar Range

Admin, please feel free to move this to another section if deemed more appropriate.

During the course of the last few years of operation of my range I have been asked on numerous occasions about the possibility of a running boar range and indeed I have a number of very keen driven boar shooters. I think the time has come for an alternative to the lamented running target at Bisley.

I now have the plans and manufacturer support for a properly constructed boar range that could be up and running by the middle of the year. What I am trying to gauge is the level of genuine interest from keen boar shooters who understand the costs, complexities and implications of constructing such a facility and who are willing to embark on a membership program for such a unique and much needed facility.

I don't particularly want to disclose any further details such as costs or construction on the forum save that it will be based on a two year membership (limited initially to 30) with range time and ammunition discounts included alongside standard club membership. Several of my regular boar shooters have already committed so in reality I have around 25 memberships left.

For further details please contact me through the website either by email or phone.

HME

Corinium Rifle Range :: HOME
    Come and visit us for a Blaser or Mauser fitting, get the right rifle for your needs.

proper job - yes please!

Tony

email sent as myself and a few friends would be interested, wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Quote Originally Posted by HME View Post
    I think the time has come for an alternative to the lamented running target at Bisley

Lamented = To express regret, annoyance, or disappointment about something.

What's the broblem as I'm sure you didnt mean "lamentable"!

K

Quote Originally Posted by Klenchblaize View Post
    Lamented = To express regret, annoyance, or disappointment about something.

What's the broblem as I'm sure you didnt mean "lamentable"!

K
    as far as i know i do not think the bisley one works very well and i am not sure if you can actually use fullbore but somebody might correct me there if i am wrong.
    HME I am assuming it will be for full bore rifles, atb wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

You're right, the running boar range is rimfire only, but the running deer range is a centrefire one.

Hell, if you can consistently hit the 10 ring on the running deer target (fast runs) with your pet hog blaster you’ll be suitably prepared for whatever the Lott Valley may push your way.

K

"Lamented"????

There's nothing to stop folks putting a piggy target on the running deer carriage at Bisley. (BSRC Committee can authorize that).
    If I remember right, there is / used to be occasional elk targets shot a-la Scandinavian discipline at 75 yards there.

Good luck with the project HME - More & varied ranges are what we need!

Questions - Why limit the membership and why a closed membership? ---- More members = more potential revenue to offset costs & importantly also lower range fees for individual users.
    Why not arrange it so that ad hoc (pre-booked) usage be possible?
    What calibres/chambering are you proposing to cater for?

Ian

Anyone interested in shooting full bore running boar at Bisley on a range that works (and has worked for a very long time) and which benefits from an approved RDA for use of HME calibres should get in touch with the BSRC www.sportingrifle.org - due to range demand this will only be available by prior booking and on weekdays; the cost of the booking includes coaching too.

PM you are thinking of the 50m Running Boar ranges; CF running boar practice/coaching takes place on the main range.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorric View Post
    There's nothing to stop folks putting a piggy target on the running deer carriage at Bisley. (BSRC Committee can authorize that).
    Ian
    Sorry, did I miss a recent News Letter??

Cheers!

K