Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ferreting scottish borders

ferreting scottish borders

hello there, I was just wondering, does ant one have a locator and collar I can borrow this sunday, if you would rather you could come and handle the ferrets...

cheers charlie

Quote Originally Posted by 6.5x55 View Post
    hello there, I was just wondering, does ant one have a locator and collar I can borrow this sunday, if you would rather you could come and handle the ferrets...

cheers charlie
    Wish I was closer to help you out ferreting a my absolute favorite country sport along with terrier work
    atb Jim
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions

aye I got a phone call from one of my farmers, saying can I solve it, so went and had a look last night saw 60+ down one fence line...... so im wanting to go out this sunday, but I don't fancy putting my ferrets down with out a collar on....

charlie i woudnt bother with the ferrets right now , you will be digging all day they are all in pup shot a dozen sat, mate had about the same couple of bucks all rest does in pup near scarbourough. all the best doug. shoot em. pigeons and bunnies sat with shottie sods law ,followed and stalked six roe does for ten minutes with my phone.
    Last edited by AN DU RU FOX; 18-02-2014 at 14:23.

Get out with the long nets when its a new moon , nothing better ! Although i have to admit ferreting takes some beating

dont get me wrong i love a bit of ferreting ,but not when babies about, cant beat 22 rimmie romeing about or as charlie does tucked up in his truck, doug.

Same with the babies in the Hull area - I was out last week with the ferrets, and got one buck.

well got to try and get on top of them, the holes aint too deep, and the farmer is going nuts, and its a job with a rifle to try get them, so was going to put ferrets down and try and bolt them.... if not would smokein them out work as ya do with rats?

I'd imagine it would although I've never smoked rabbits out just rats .... As I say wish I was closer went ferreting Sunday but they've got young down here now so that's me done for the year
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo1984 View Post
    I'd imagine it would although I've never smoked rabbits out just rats .... As I say wish I was closer went ferreting Sunday but they've got young down here now so that's me done for the year

well come up, tell the mrs your takeing her on a weekend break, but u wont be about sunday... cos your off ferreting