Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DSC 2 Phone Call

DSC 2 Phone Call

Well had my DSC 2 phone call yesterday, after only sending off my portfolio aweek ago. Got a missed call from my assessor James Scott from WMS training, full of nerves I called him back and he was taking dogs out but back in 30 mins, so thirty mins waiting for the call back, then the call came!!!,

What a nice guy, we had a great chat about the DSC 2 and my portfolio, it was like talking to an old friend I hadn't seen for years. He comented on how thorough and complete my portfolio was and it was one of the best he had ever come across.

Many thanks to Paul Adkins (paul at fechan) who i did all my stalks with, he helped and guided me through the whole DSC process and put my portfolio together.

Many thanks

Paul & James

Quote Originally Posted by liddlesdale View Post
    Many thanks to Paul Adkins (paul at fechan) who i did all my stalks with, he helped and guided me through the whole DSC process and put my portfolio together. Many thanks Paul & James
    Oh dear, I hope he didn't guide you through the process and put your portfolio together.
    All he should have done is witness your actions, question and note your answers.
    Perhaps you did more stalks prior to your three witnessed stalks and that was where he offered guidance and advice as to what was required to complete your portfolio correctly.

If you mean the days out on fallow, roe in northumberland or reds then yes suppose you can count them as extra stalks as well as the 4 I shot for my portfolio????.

Sorry if I got this wrong but I thought the whole dsc process was to learn from AW's and put into practice .

Why jump on wording when you don't have a clue about any stalks I've done and how many.

and if read the tread correctly I put help and guidance through the WHOLE DSC process, ( i did the DSC 1 with Paul )
    Last edited by liddlesdale; 18-02-2014 at 18:17.

Quote Originally Posted by EMcC View Post
    Oh dear, I hope he didn't guide you through the process and put your portfolio together.
    All he should have done is witness your actions, question and note your answers.
    Perhaps you did more stalks prior to your three witnessed stalks and that was where he offered guidance and advice as to what was required to complete your portfolio correctly.
    Eddie, I have worked with Liddlesdale since he did his DSC1 with me to get him ready for DSC2 assessment which has involved lots of good work with training on carcasses and extra deer over the last 6 months or more. Why make comments that firstly question the validity of my professional standards and then detract from the ethos of being an AW and the wider roles we have. Could you not be welcoming to the achievements of this stalker who put a lot of time, effort and hard earned cash into reaching the standards he has.

Come on Eddie

Congrats Liddlesdale, top effort all round

Quote Originally Posted by EMcC View Post
    How can somebody judge when they don't know anything about how many stalks have been done etc .i would like to know if EMcC has done both 1 and 2 and what help he got .i thought this site was where we all pull together and help each other
    DJC

Quote Originally Posted by Paul at Fechan View Post
    Eddie, I have worked with Liddlesdale since he did his DSC1 with me to get him ready for DSC2 assessment which has involved lots of good work with training on carcasses and extra deer over the last 6 months or more. Why make comments that firstly question the validity of my professional standards and then detract from the ethos of being an AW and the wider roles we have. Could you not be welcoming to the achievements of this stalker who put a lot of time, effort and hard earned cash into reaching the standards he has.Come on EddieCongrats Liddlesdale, top effort all round
    That's a completely different story to the way it was written initially and makes all the difference.
    From what was written gave no indication of the number of prior stalks or any indication of prior experience.
    Now I have been enlightened, well done and congratulations on achieving the required standard for the award.

PS.
    DJC, Just to satisfy your curiosity, I am also on the AW list, No 750. and hold Level 1, 2 and the Advanced Deer Managers qualification and have over fifty years experience of Deer stalking/culling under my belt with nowhwere near as much help as is available now.
    My original Cf Fc No was 35 issued in Somerset, so not many of us about then.
    Even now it is still fairly low, No 345 , so still fairly thin on the ground when that was issued after my abscence abroad due to military service.
    What any of that has to do with the post, I have no idea but I hope it satisfies your curiosity.
    Last edited by EMcC; 18-02-2014 at 19:09.

Hearty congratulations Liddlesdale, a tremendous achievement. What's next now you have completed DSC, just enjoying the stalking or do you have more in mind?

Thanks TJM 160

Hoping to take further, if opportunities arise.

ATB

Well done and very best of British that opportunity does arise.