Not Stalking related

tusker

Hi all, my friend went on a night out with some guys. They ended up at a night club and said mate got dancing with woman that he knew as a friend(honest).
2 days later his wife gets a call from a friend of hers to say she should come round as she and her fiance have some news for her.
They then showed her a CCTV film of the dance. He (the fiance) works at the club and was in charge of the security cameras. My question is was this legal? I know what i would but would probably lose my FAC and liberty.
Tusker

A breach of the data protection act I would suspect. He (The fiancé) should be reported to his bosses as he has stolen their CCTV footage and should frankly be sacked at least.

BTW it was only a f'ing dance!

Hi sorry im not a legal bod so don't have a clue as to a definitive answer, however if they were only dancing and nothing else I don't see an issue, and if his fiancee has a problem with him purely dancing with someone then they have done him a favour if see ditches him as a life with an over jealous partner is no life "trust me"
regards
Jimmy

This will definitely be covered by the data protection act. Have a look at CCTV and data protection act and also the CCTV code of practice.

I think that an operator has to be qualified and licensed to use cctv equipment under a similar set of regulations to those which govern doormen and bailiffs etc. I suspect that guidelines have been breached in this case.

If an incident took place, for example a fight, at the night club that was captured on CCTV and the police were involved. The club would not release the CCTV to the police without the relevant paperwork regarding data protection. There could also be the question of invasion of privacy under human rights as the CCTV has been directly used on an individual with out good cause, ie he's been singled out of a crowd and monitored / recorded without the suspicion of an offence being committed, this I believe could also be a breach of the operators code of practice.
In my opinion he threw the first stone let the fight begin
Wingy

Maybe he can get enough money out of them to cover the divorce expenses because if his wife did anything other than blow things off or chastise her "friends", he needs to get rid of her. If he was actually screwing around, she needs to get rid of him. If they both did the right thing, the money will make a nice second honeymoon.......
Good luck.

Back