Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Boar have moved in

Boar have moved in

I've been feeding this fella for a while, it's time he was gone, he's starting to destroy fences.

any idea as to age and possible size of him?

Hes a damn site heavier than he used to be after eating 6 bags of maize since New Years Day

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p...r/PICT0030.mp4
    There is a place on this planet for all of God's creatures, right next to my tatties and gravy!!!

I assume this chappie is an escapee from Glen Dessary?

I often think that our woods, even the "commercial" ones, would be much better for a few od these.

He looks young so I guess around a year and about 50kg. Hope there's more

Hard to tell but he looks less than two years, 50kg seems about correct, there must be others about. If he is doing that much harm, time to take him out.
    Victory goes to the player who makes the next-to-last mistake..

Nice wee tusks, id say at least two year old and around 60 - 70kg
    Last edited by Solwaystalker; 21-02-2014 at 08:10.

Well, I can't get him into the back of the pickup on my own so il need to get some help in morning.

No fat unfortunately, I was hoping to eat him.
    There is a place on this planet for all of God's creatures, right next to my tatties and gravy!!!

Dan, well done getting your beast. They can be a hand full to load in truck on your own. Wild boar are rarely fat especially this time of year. My butcher adds belly pork to the sausage mix o great effect. Don't let that put you off, I'm sure it will be delicious.

What did he weigh in the end?

Don't forget to get it trichinella tested before tucking in. http://multimedia.food.gov.uk/multim...ngwildboar.pdf

ATB

Penyard

Quote Originally Posted by Penyard View Post
    Dan, well done getting your beast. They can be a hand full to load in truck on your own. Wild boar are rarely fat especially this time of year. My butcher adds belly pork to the sausage mix o great effect. Don't let that put you off, I'm sure it will be delicious.

What did he weigh in the end?

Don't forget to get it trichinella tested before tucking in. http://multimedia.food.gov.uk/multim...ngwildboar.pdf

ATB

Penyard
    many thanks for the link, il do that. Seems more chance of winning lottery that getting ill but you never know.

He came in larder door at 82kg with the gralloch out him. Bloody awkward to handle, I've thrown 100kg stags in the pickup on my own but this was different.

I was lent some night vision gear from a member on here and it worked a peach, IR converted Go-light on the roof connected to an LCD screen for spotting it then scope mounted NV for despatch.

It never knew I was there.

Hes got a nice set of small tusks.

A few pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  

WOW, that's not the same one as the vid. its twice the size.

Now your needing some very large freezer space for that one

not jealous, no not at all,
    Seems you've got the technique cracked anyway, roll on the next one