Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Rodale IV delta baffles

  1. #1
    SD Regular bobjs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Tidworth/on here/or at Downton Abbey.
    Posts
    8,821
    Blog Entries
    5
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)

    Rodale IV delta baffles

    can anyone tell me if these have a stainless baffle at the front or are they all alloy,

    and who supplies them ?

    thank you

    bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

    Living with Lupus - YouTube

  2. #2
    I think Sportsman Gun Centre are the distributor - they have them on offer in all the mags at the moment, so maybe getting rid of stock?

    Cheers
    i.
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

  3. #3
    SD Regular bobjs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Tidworth/on here/or at Downton Abbey.
    Posts
    8,821
    Blog Entries
    5
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by I. Farticus View Post
    I think Sportsman Gun Centre are the distributor - they have them on offer in all the mags at the moment, so maybe getting rid of stock?

    Cheers
    i.

    Hi I

    cheers for that, im thinking of getting one ? but i am unsure if the first baffle from the muzzle has a stainless insert or its stainless,

    read some good things about them and as always the views all differ from one thing to another.

    bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

    Living with Lupus - YouTube

  4. #4
    No idea, sorry.

    There were some threads on here 12-18 months ago, not all of them that complementary from memory and it all got a bit heated

    Search Results - Gun Shop, Shotguns, Rifles, Pistols, Air Rifles, Airguns, Gun Trader, Rifle Scopes, Accessories, Cabinets, Safes in Dorset and Devon, UK, Sportsman Gun Centre - fill your boots
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

  5. #5
    Mine was all alloy, sorry to say it was the worst mod I have ever heard. I took it off and could hear or feel no difference. The only pro is that it's so light. I wouldn't have another. They said at sportsman's when I went in to buy a replacement that for it to work properly you need to have two more baffles. Was not happy with itat all.

    Thanks
    Tom

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomm View Post
    Mine was all alloy, sorry to say it was the worst mod I have ever heard. I took it off and could hear or feel no difference. The only pro is that it's so light. I wouldn't have another. They said at sportsman's when I went in to buy a replacement that for it to work properly you need to have two more baffles. Was not happy with itat all.

    Thanks
    Tom
    Well that is just BS. Did you measure that there was no sound reduction? Got results? Or are you just trying to make this product bad for a different reason.
    A few years ago I spoke to the engineer who did the sound tests at the German University for Roedale. He also told me of some really bad results of a UK brand that would not make the required EU work place noise level.
    I have had close to 100 Roedale mods in my shop and use them my self since years. Never had one blow up or one come back.
    The stainless version seems slightly quieter than the same design in Alu.
    I do not sell Roedale or any other moderator anymore, nor do I have dealings with Roedale, however if I would need another moderator I would strongly consider the Delta.
    edi
    Last edited by ejg; 19-02-2014 at 16:59.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by ejg View Post
    Well that is just BS. Did you measure that there was no sound reduction? Got results? Or are you just trying to make this product bad for a different reason.
    A few years ago I spoke to the engineer who did the sound tests at the German University for Roedale. He also told me of some really bad results of a UK brand that would not make the required EU work place noise level.
    I have had close to 100 Roedale mods in my shop and use them my self since years. Never had one blow up or one come back.
    The stainless version seems slightly quieter than the same design in Alu.
    I do not sell Roedale or any other moderator anymore, nor do I have dealings with Roedale, however if I would need another moderator I would strongly consider the Delta.
    edi
    bs? Bit strong. I stand by what I said and in my opinion and friends who were also shooting that day it has little or no affect on the sound of the rifle. Not from the firing point or further away. You obviously like the mods. If so go and buy one. I for one won't be touching them and it seems as I am not the only, if you read what others are saying they don't rate they highly either. I find your comment of bs a little offensive. You obviously have a different opinion to mine, that does make mine bull ****. Thanks

  8. #8
    SD Regular bobjs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Tidworth/on here/or at Downton Abbey.
    Posts
    8,821
    Blog Entries
    5
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by I. Farticus View Post
    No idea, sorry.

    There were some threads on here 12-18 months ago, not all of them that complementary from memory and it all got a bit heated

    Search Results - Gun Shop, Shotguns, Rifles, Pistols, Air Rifles, Airguns, Gun Trader, Rifle Scopes, Accessories, Cabinets, Safes in Dorset and Devon, UK, Sportsman Gun Centre - fill your boots

    cheers Ian

    seems its started again ?.

    a lad i knew had one on his 223 and said it was ok and i was thinking of one on the 20 tac as well, so it seems i will have to read a load more than what i have already

    bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

    Living with Lupus - YouTube

  9. #9
    i used to have a roedale mod and really liked it i bought 2 extra steel baffles from sportsman for it they are considerbly heavier than the alloy ones and greyish in colour if i remember correctly i had 6 baffles overall and it done a good job

  10. #10
    SD Regular bobjs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Tidworth/on here/or at Downton Abbey.
    Posts
    8,821
    Blog Entries
    5
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by gr1ffer View Post
    i used to have a roedale mod and really liked it i bought 2 extra steel baffles from sportsman for it they are considerbly heavier than the alloy ones and greyish in colour if i remember correctly i had 6 baffles overall and it done a good job
    cheers gr1ffer i knew they did a steel one.



    Bob
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

    Living with Lupus - YouTube

Similar Threads

  1. For Sale Roedale delta IV moderator
    By bob_mullis in forum Firearms
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 21-09-2013, 14:40
  2. roedale delta iv4 ultralight mod
    By Olly.243 in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 13-04-2013, 19:36
  3. Roedale Delta V Ultra Lightweight
    By 2428 miles in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-06-2011, 09:37
  4. Swap Roedale Delta or CMM4
    By jordang in forum Firearms
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-05-2011, 17:47
  5. Delta Deer Services.
    By Trufflehunting in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 22-09-2010, 23:37

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •