Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Starlight Arrow Digital Add On - Official Images and review

Starlight Arrow Digital Add On - Official Images and review

Hello all

We have been asked for images of the new Starlight Arrow from people who could not make it to the launch at the British Shooting Show last weekend.

We collected the pre production samples the evening before the show, so had little time to take any images etc and only had what was supplied at the show to display.

This unit is the entry level Arrow which ranges from £349.99 to £499.99 depending on IR requirements.

We are out doing pigeons in farm sheds this weekend so will upload some footage Monday.

Any how here are some images, but bear in mind this is pre production model, the mount will be much improved and the finish and general fit/asthetics will be production quality. These were literally knocked up for the show.

As for delivery we were told they are due to arrive in 18 days when we were at the BSS last weekend.

Regards

Paul

Last edited by Scott Country; 19-02-2014 at 15:08.

If only Julian an co. could come up with something that didn't add two feet to your eye relief....

looks good but im holding out for the nitesite eagle

Quote Originally Posted by Hunting Solutions View Post
    If only Julian an co. could come up with something that didn't add two feet to your eye relief....
    Maybe he should sell it along with a matching QD eye-relief extender for day scopes, then your Swaro and your cheek would always be in the right place.
    "Docendo discimus" - Seneca the Younger (c. 4 BC – 65 AD)
    “Comodidad, tranquilidad y buena alimentacion” - A Spanish recipe for contentment that oddly omits hunting.
    "I'm off to spend some time at the top of the food chain..." - (after) Tulloch
    "Oh [dear], they probably heard that in the village!" - RickoShay

Always interested in these sort of things. Is there any technical reason why this type of bolt on always fits on the butt end of the scope and not the barrel end ? It would seems so much more flexible to have it fit on the other end. I'm not sure I could actually mount my scope far enough forward to fit one of these.....and then it would be useless for daytime use. Seems to almost defeat the object of having a bolt on if you require massive adjustments to switch between daylight and night use. May as well have two scopes on QR mounts and just swap between them.

FN

Quote Originally Posted by Fabnosh View Post
    Always interested in these sort of things. Is there any technical reason why this type of bolt on always fits on the butt end of the scope and not the barrel end ? It would seems so much more flexible to have it fit on the other end. I'm not sure I could actually mount my scope far enough forward to fit one of these.....and then it would be useless for daytime use. Seems to almost defeat the object of having a bolt on if you require massive adjustments to switch between daylight and night use. May as well have two scopes on QR mounts and just swap between them.

FN
    The problem is that if you stick it on the front the reticle is referencing the image produced by the night-vision device rather than the real world. So if the NVD is at all out of line you'll be pointing your barrel in the wrong direction. This is why such devices are mostly high-dollar units designed to hit a man-sized target, not affordable bolt-ons for bunny-bashers.

The ATN PS-22 was pretty terrible, but the Pulsar DFA75 seems to work fairly well, and I daresay we'll see better in the future too, but for the time being the only way to get an accurate bead on your target with NV is with a dedicated riflescope (a.k.a. "weapon sight") or a rear-mounted add-on that enhances the composite image (target + reticle) already produced by the day scope.
    "Docendo discimus" - Seneca the Younger (c. 4 BC – 65 AD)
    “Comodidad, tranquilidad y buena alimentacion” - A Spanish recipe for contentment that oddly omits hunting.
    "I'm off to spend some time at the top of the food chain..." - (after) Tulloch
    "Oh [dear], they probably heard that in the village!" - RickoShay

Thanks for this. I'd often wondered.

FN

That adds a lot more length than I expected. Thanks for posting the pictures

Hello all, as Mr Gain correctly said the reason for rear mounted is ref viewing the reticle aligned imaged, and not the image aligned reticle.

The DFA75 does this very well, and with the new Mk2 dial in range system, it works a treat. I have also tried a PS-22 and found it woefully bad.

As for the length, the production models will have a smaller DSA, and will be similar in stature to the Archer, which with an adjustable butt pad on our Accuracy International stocked demo units is no issue really.

I've got one of the high sensitivity models on order and am looking forward to seeing how it performs in the flesh. Trying to find the silver lining in every cloud, the lead time into delivery gives me plenty of time to cobble up an adjustable butt plate for a spare synthetic stock I've got kicking around!