Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Harkila Bino Harness.

  1. #1

    Harkila Bino Harness.

    Been considering buying the above primarily to secure my bins when crawling in the latter stages of the stalk !

    Anyone use one, any good ?

    Thanx.

  2. #2
    I have never used the harkila so cannot comment I have however used the s4 lockdown x and liked it however it did not offer a lot of protection to my expensive zeiss hts I ended up getting a Alaskan creations model it is a great bit of kit but expensive to get from the US but the much improved protection was I feel worth it it works a dream wouldn't be without it.

    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1811998137...84.m1439.l2649


  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by dlz90 View Post
    I have never used the harkila so cannot comment I have however used the s4 lockdown x and liked it however it did not offer a lot of protection to my expensive zeiss hts I ended up getting a Alaskan creations model it is a great bit of kit but expensive to get from the US but the much improved protection was I feel worth it it works a dream wouldn't be without it.

    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1811998137...84.m1439.l2649
    Hey, many thanks for this !
    It set me thinking, I've got one of those Maxpedition Versipak jobs which sling over the shoulder and strap around your waist and hang at your side. It might just be the answer providing my bins which are Zeiss Vics. 8x42 HT's fit !

    Cheers !

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Hey, many thanks for this !
    It set me thinking, I've got one of those Maxpedition Versipak jobs which sling over the shoulder and strap around your waist and hang at your side. It might just be the answer providing my bins which are Zeiss Vics. 8x42 HT's fit !

    Cheers !

    Yes I have seen these versipaks they might just be the ticket and would be a cheaper option, while offering excellent protection hope your hts fit and post back as regards to how it works in use quick deployment handiness ect, my glasses are also 8x42 ht just to expensive to crawl around in without some sort of protection good luck hope you solve your bino carrying problems.


    Damian.
    Last edited by dlz90; 20-02-2014 at 17:52.


  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by dlz90 View Post
    Yes I have seen these versipaks they might just be the ticket and would be a cheaper option, while offering excellent protection hope your hts fit and post back as regards to how it works in use quick deployment handiness ect, my glasses are also 8x42 ht just to expensive to crawl around in without some sort of protection good luck hope you solve your bino carrying problems.


    Damian.
    The bins fit perfectly but obviously, I've not been out and tried the bag yet. Its a little larger than lets say a tailor made harness but its tough and well nigh waterproof. Also it has the advantage of carrying other bits and pieces such as a small camera, ammo. "ticket" and the like. Might be the tempation to overload it so I'll need to watch that but all in all, I like it !
    With the waist strap, it hugs your side so it shouldn't be a hindrance when crawling !

    John.

  6. #6
    Regular Poster Neumo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Surrey/West Sussex borders
    Posts
    340
    I have the Harkila Binos harness and it is working for me so far. I looked at a whole bunch of them, including ordering from the states. I like the fact that it is a proper chest harness, is fairly low profile & is green. It has just enough pockets for papers, a license or two etc.. My Doctor 8x40s fit in them well & there is still quite a lot of space.

  7. #7
    I did buy one but without checking how big they were. So I found out my bino's (Steiner 7x50) don't fit in it. They are, however, fine for my 8x42's.
    • Do not be seduced by the marketing-men....

Similar Threads

  1. Wanted Bino harness
    By Hulse in forum Other Shooting Equipment
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 13-01-2014, 20:10
  2. Bino harness
    By Spoony in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 04-04-2013, 11:37
  3. *SOLD* bino harness
    By jewfish in forum Deer Stalking Equipment
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-04-2013, 12:26
  4. *SOLD* Bino Harness
    By Mr Lewis in forum Deer Stalking Equipment
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-07-2012, 12:28
  5. Wanted bino harness
    By Scots_stalker in forum Deer Stalking Equipment
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 23-10-2011, 13:31

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •