Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blaser R8 wanted.

Blaser R8 or R93 wanted.

Okay fellas, before I purchase new in the coming days, I'm just wondering if there are any R8's up for sale.

I'm about to buy in .204, .223 and .243, so will consider any of these options. Plain barrels only-no iron sights.

Please don't turn this into a "don't buy one they're rubbish" thread, as my mind is made up

Would consider R93's also, in .223 or .243.

Thanks for looking.
    George
    Last edited by PESCA; 20-02-2014 at 19:20.

Quote Originally Posted by PESCA View Post
    Okay fellas, before I purchase new in the coming days, I'm just wondering if there are any R8's up for sale.

I'm about to buy in .204, .223 and .243, so will consider any of these options. Plain barrels only-no iron sights.

Please don't turn this into a "don't buy one they're rubbish" thread, as my mind is made up

Thanks for looking.
    George
    George firstly I think you may have to buy new as anybody who owns one would never sell it
    Just curious are you thinking of getting all the barrels / calibers mentioned in your thread ?
    regards pete

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Guntrader shows one secondhand R8 in .243 at Swillington Shooting Supplies: Blaser .243 R8 Professional Straight Pull Second Hand for sale. Buy for 2,195.

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Blaser are also offering the R8 in a GRS stock and its very very very nice indeed.

Pete, you may well be right about finding someone who's prepared to part with theirs and yes, all of those calibres, and therefore, two bolt sizes.

Trouble with the Blaser GRS stock is that you have to have a Blaser stock first, as you need to fit the Blaser innards into the GRS, otherwise, it would be a very cheap option.

Thanks for the heads-up on that rifle, willie, I'll be checking it out.

My preference is for the match stock, so that the raised cheekpiece will be ideal for the dedicated nv.

Thanks.
    George

Pete, you may well be right about finding someone who's prepared to part with theirs and yes, all of those calibres, and therefore, two bolt sizes.

Trouble with the Blaser GRS stock is that you have to have a Blaser stock first, as you need to fit the Blaser innards into the GRS, otherwise, it would be a very cheap option.

Thanks for the heads-up on that rifle, willie, I'll be checking it out.

My preference is for the match stock, so that the raised cheekpiece will be ideal for the dedicated nv.

Thanks.
    George
    george
    good luck with your search it will be worth it when it arrives
    only reason I asked about the calibers is 204 and 223 being close together
    wondered if 204 243 and maybe 308 / 30 .06 then your covered for just about everything
    overlooked about the bolt heads though but you still get away with two I think
    as I'm running 243 and 30.06 with same bolt head
    just a thought before you spend your hard earned
    regards pete

All it is, Pete, is the .223 is for nv use only (says so on my ticket ) and will hold the dedicated night vision (Drone Pro) for foxing, all of the time. The .204 is for day use corvids and bunnies and the .243 is for roe (all I get a chance at ) and foxing on windy nights with an add-on nv.

Have to say that the big downside is that there's 1000 in mounts required

George

All it is, Pete, is the .223 is for nv use only (says so on my ticket ) and will hold the dedicated night vision (Drone Pro) for foxing, all of the time. The .204 is for day use corvids and bunnies and the .243 is for roe (all I get a chance at ) and foxing on windy nights with an add-on nv.

Have to say that the big downside is that there's 1000 in mounts required

George
    george
    fair play all makes sense now good luck in your quest and happy shooting
    regards pete

The r8 at Swillington includes mounts and rings soo 300 saved

Quote Originally Posted by jb7x57 View Post
    The r8 at Swillington includes mounts and rings soo 300 saved
    The one that willie has mentioned above, or all of their R8's?

George