Thread: Which 1 first..??

Which 1 first..??

The other day while out stalking on the hill, I had the debate on which one first..... hind or calf. ..??

Quote Originally Posted by cssports View Post
    The other day while out stalking on the hill, I had the debate on which one first..... hind or calf. ..??
    Ethically calf first always, in reality most keepers I know would shoot the hind first as calfs are a little slow on the uptake of what's happened!

can work both ways it really depends on how dependant the calf is , i,ve shot hinds and waited a couple of mins then the calf will either stand or come back to it , and also shot calves and waited and seen the mother come back

Just remember to give either one time to come back if or when it bolts , dont be to hasty in rushing up to the dead beast ,atb arron , also if you drop the hind on the spot the calf should hang about better , if your not that experianced or confident play it safe and just get the calf !
    Last edited by arron; 20-02-2014 at 09:26.

Can't give advice on Scotland.
    What i do is calf before Christmas as my first choice, after xmas hind then calf, the calf will often hang around or return to the site.
    At the moment though with the fields as they are and associated extraction i prefer a calf!
    Of course on my small area permissions one minute the reds are there and then gone, so if possible when a group of hinds arrive i will knock over the lead hind which confuses the others in the group so you can get another couple.
    Cheers
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by cssports View Post
    I would say that the polite thing to do would be to have made your first post an introduction, not your 30th and even then it is a pretty poor one, could you provide a bit more information please as per the rules.

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses