Heard Simon Weston on the radio

private fraser

Radio 2 has a series about "what makes us human" in which guest speakers talk about the nature of humanity.
Simon Weston was on today and if you have a few mins it's worth listening to on the bbc iplayer thingy.

A while back they had Brian May on and guess what he went on about?.... bloody badgers.

Simon Weston has more wisdom and humanity in the finger they cut off (listen to the program) than May would ever have.
We still have some Quality people in this country.

I listened to this on the way home from a shopping trip with the missus. Unless it's for shooting stuff I hate shopping with a passion so I was not in the best of moods. He spoke a lot of sense.

He said many of the things that make us human are our similarities. But more than that, what makes us human are our differences and the capacity to recognise those differences in others and be tolerant of them.

So it therefore follows that those who are unable to accept the ways of others and insist on continually trying to impose their ways and beliefs on everyone else are a problem. Now who does that bring to mind?

Back