Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dart and Release.

Dart and Release.

Was wondering what are the legality's in Scotland of darting wild goats and releasing them on my land for future sport or Boar for that matter.

Why not throw in some muntjac and grey squirrels too......
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    Was wondering what are the legality's in Scotland of darting wild goats and releasing them on my land for future sport or Boar for that matter.
    legally I don't think you can, something about non native wildlife. But hey doesn't stop people releasing millions of pheasants does it.... just don't tell anyone problem solved!!!! I'm sure that guy ifor something... Williams I think has a lot to do with the spread of the populations of many of these over the years...

Why not throw in some muntjac and grey squirrels too......
    nah keep the manky squirrels, the muntjac on the other hand... where was my trailer...

lol, are you trolling ?

I'd love to have munties, wild goat & boar on my permission, but it's very much illegal to do so!

ha ha, you can't deliberately release them onto other peoples land which is not the same thing as releasing onto your land or land with land owner permission.

In Scotland there is no such thing as 'wild boar' because of a ruling that describes them as simple hairy domestic pigs which is right in principle, but if you keep these 'pigs' whether as pets or domestic livestock you have obvious responsibilities... unless they escape (from some other stock nearby ) game on

Goats are just goats, if you have permission or land then sure kick the out and that's that. If they stray and become feral though, it's a free for all on who might be responsible and if damage was bad.... who's as fault?

perhaps someone can catch up some kids for you ,as for pigs my son has iron age pigs and releasing them is no problem ,its keeping them contained where you are up against it,

Bruce w, you've got a bloody great sea all around you to stop them going far! Even the boldest adventuring iron age pig cant get all that far. Do they roast them at up helly aa?

Deerstalker 308 I would not want muntjac and as far as I know you would be in deep doo doo if you were caught with a few of them in your trailer. Was not sure about wild goats took from the road side who do they belong to can they be moved are they native.???????

Deerstalker 308 I would not want muntjac and as far as I know you would be in deep doo doo if you were caught with a few of them in your trailer. Was not sure about wild goats took from the road side who do they belong to can they be moved are they native.???????
    I would assume it would be much like deer. They belong to whosever side of the fence they are on.

Quote Originally Posted by goathunter1 View Post
    Bruce w, you've got a bloody great sea all around you to stop them going far! Even the boldest adventuring iron age pig cant get all that far. Do they roast them at up helly aa?
    he has sold some for pig roast 40 kg is popular .As to traveling un acompany'd boy can they cover ground and olthough as you point'd out we have a good boundry fence there is lots of room amongt the peat haggs ,they are a first cross with snouts like a marlinspike rylock dosnt stand a chance