Thread: New Ford Ranger Mk5

New Ford Ranger Mk5

Our estate has just ordered another Ford Ranger Mk5 - I have had a limited version for just under a year and love it. We have just got the woodman one and ordered it through the NGO members discount scheme. We got 14.5% off the list price for being an NGO member and another 8% from the dealer!!! My boss is made up.

I am thinking of getting a Focus ST for my own car which I can also save on the NGO scheme but not sure what the % is yet, I think it is around 16%.

We are really happy with the Rangers they are vastly better than the old Mazda version. Confortable, quick, dont use too much fuel (I get av 31mpg and a lot of off road work). The only downside is they are rather large.

They must have improved the mpg cos when I had a look at them they were doing 27/28 if you were lucky.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

We must be lucky then.

what engine size are we talking here?

Well the one I looked at was the 3 litre. Which might explain the fuel economy
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

I have the 2.2 limited which was bought through the NGO scheme and have to say I am more than happy so far , fuel economy is good with plenty of grunt all in all it's a very well specked motor at a good price.
    www.anglocustomrifle.co.uk
    Anglo deer management and training
    Yet another 7mm 08 user ..................... if Carlsberg made calibers.........................

I have no prob's getting 29 with size 10's in my 3lt ranger. mind you iv just collected it from the repair's as it blow the injector rail pressure censor yesterday and #1 injector, bill turned out to be small change out of 700 ,mind you fords said it was the injector pump at 2k plus fitting plus vat so glad i did't take it there lol
    So moral is don't run out of fuel and suck up crap in tank!! now washed out!!
    Last edited by paul o'; 21-02-2014 at 17:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Steyer 6.5 View Post
    what engine size are we talking here?
    Ours are all 2.2 engines. Plenty of power and 6 speed manual.