Dogs off the leads

Report them but don't put yourself in danger of being bitten if you are tangles in leads.

I had a lurcher attached on our main street by on off lead 'rescued' collie. Had my size 11 contacted it would have sailed for several feet and then had the s^&t kicked out of it if it came again. The inexperienced owners boyfriend was abouit to have a go then thought better of it realising that they were massively out of order on a busy high street with kids about (mine included). In the end my missus asked if the lady would like to do some aversion training with our dogs which, give her her due, she took up and this helped. I'd imagine if yours have a Visjla they probaly think they are beyond training......

So in short, offer to point out the errors of their ways, dob them in and if all else fails defend your poor little pooch with your big boots and a large pointy ****ty stick... and don't be afraid to take a proper swinig with both stick and boot, being half arsed will only get you bitten. Go large or go home.....rambling now I'll go and myther some other folk

Pip pip

Hi
Anybody know if its within the law to release my dogs of the lead if the are been attacked by other dogs that are not on the lead ?

just to let you know the tale on several occasions while out walking the terriers they have been nipped at by an A###holes dogs that are never on the lead when asked to put them on the lead he says its okay they wont hurt them but it stresses them out . Now I always put my two on the lead on seeing any other dogs as they dont play well with other and as these are working dogs they are a little hard mouthed . So my question is why should I handicap my dogs by holding them back on the lead when this tosser with his vislas dose not seem care am I justified in letting the terriers have go ?

All owners hav a duty of care and if their dogs are not in controll you have a right of complaint and compensation
but then dog fights are often a thing that happens wether on the lead or not

but for you to actually release your dogs to defend them selves in your words as self defence creates a different senario
And if not mistaken will make you the bad guy especially as this is a vengeance issue and risk you being prosecuted and your dogs put down

follow them home or back to their vehichle
report the incident to the police
get an incident report
and claim any damages back against the other dog owner
but do not take vengance by using your dogs as the tool

Back