Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Stereotypes: British Cuisine

Stereotypes: British Cuisine

First I want y'all to know this is a light hearted post. Every nationality has stereotypes, especially Americans. One stereotype of the UK is the food isn't very good. Is this true or just a myth?

lol

You haven't lived till you've tried a deep fried Mars Bar!

I will say I love fish and chips (French fries). I douse them in malt vinegar lol

Not sure about UK but most of the widely available fish and chips here are Alaskan pollack. You have to dine in to get fried cod and fries.

Quote Originally Posted by UTGrad View Post
    First I want y'all to know this is a light hearted post. Every nationality has stereotypes, especially Americans. One stereotype of the UK is the food isn't very good. Is this true or just a myth?

lol
    a myth based loosely on the post war austerity, although.......................................... ........
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

Sounds good and an imminent case of swamp ass lol

(referring to the deep fried Mars bar)
    Last edited by UTGrad; 20-02-2014 at 18:07.

not fries they are orrible sticky shaped things, i mean CHIPS two inch long and an inch thick ,proper chips those little things are to keep the dog happy. or better still if its cold out rabbit casserole slow cooked till the meat falls off the bone,hmmmm.
    Last edited by AN DU RU FOX; 20-02-2014 at 18:16.

Quote Originally Posted by AN DU RU FOX View Post
    not fries they are orrible sticky shaped things, i mean CHIPS two inch long and an inch thick ,proper chips those little things are to keep the dog happy.
    Lol oops my bad. Don't want to screw that up, the dimensions are a national icon. Not sure how we wound up with the French fry dimensions. McDonalds?

American chips are called crisps over here,
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!