Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Cerakote ....... Gloucestershire

  1. #1

    Cerakote ....... Gloucestershire

    Is there anyone around the Gloucestershire area that coats.

    I have a tikka .222 and an old style PEZ mod that uses the barrel as inner sleeve. when i bought the rifle a number of years ago the owner did not realise the mod came off so now its a bit scabby.

    The rifle still shoots, i cant afford to replace and i really cant see a reason why the need to replace.

    I was thinking of having it painted/coated. but cost is sort of an issue. if i could buy it and coat myself them i would. i have been looking at the KG kote as well.

    How much would a basic coating cost. just barrel and action needed. as i cant find anyone local who does it work on postage delivery. all my local RFD would want 25 each way per gun.

    PM if you wish but i would like to try and do it my self if allowed to buy the Cerakote. i can get Durakote but told its not in the same league on areas that might rub.

    Thoughts please?

    atb
    Phil

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by activeviii View Post
    Is there anyone around the Gloucestershire area that coats.

    I have a tikka .222 and an old style PEZ mod that uses the barrel as inner sleeve. when i bought the rifle a number of years ago the owner did not realise the mod came off so now its a bit scabby.

    The rifle still shoots, i cant afford to replace and i really cant see a reason why the need to replace.

    I was thinking of having it painted/coated. but cost is sort of an issue. if i could buy it and coat myself them i would. i have been looking at the KG kote as well.

    How much would a basic coating cost. just barrel and action needed. as i cant find anyone local who does it work on postage delivery. all my local RFD would want 25 each way per gun.

    PM if you wish but i would like to try and do it my self if allowed to buy the Cerakote. i can get Durakote but told its not in the same league on areas that might rub.

    Thoughts please?

    atb
    Phil
    Can you bead blast the barrel and action ? Can you fit it in an oven to bake it ? If the answer to either is no, then think no further about DIY.

    Pete
    Sako TRG-42 folder .338LM🔫 Sako TRG-22 .308/.260🔫 Tikka 595 .222(NV'd up) 🔫 AR15 .223/300BLK 🔫Franchi 12g 520 9shot🔫Baikal .410 stealth🔫Ruger #1.243

    Home | Varminting UK

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by The tramp View Post
    Can you bead blast the barrel and action ? Can you fit it in an oven to bake it ? If the answer to either is no, then think no further about DIY.

    Pete
    Hi Pete,

    Yes and yes to both of them

  4. #4

  5. #5
    Steve Bowers doesn't not Cerakote. in fact he dose not paint.

    There is a stock maker on the same trading east that dose this work and he doesn't Cerakote either. he only uses 2pack epoxy. Same that is used to paint the MAE/PEZ moderators as its als the same guy that paints these.

    Spent a few hours in his workshop. I tell you what though, his stocks are something else. They are a thing of beauty. all custom made to the buyers hand sizes and measurements. He also does work for the likes of HPS.

    Rob Libbiter
    Specialist Stock and Finishing LTD
    07812707899



    Thanks anyway for the info.

    ATB
    Phil.

  6. #6
    Depending which end of Gloucestershire you are, there's Tactical Coatings just on the southern outskirts of Hereford. I've had a couple of barrelled actions done by them and seen several more - they do a really nice job and are fully certificated by Cerakote in the USA.

    Their website gives the impression they are only a military contractor but they DO deal directly with civilian firearm users too.

    http://www.tacticalcoatings.co.uk

    Adam.

  7. #7
    Not wishing to Hijack your thread, is there anyone in the South Wales area ( or a reasonable drive away ) that can Cerakote to a decent standard, if so I would be very grateful to hear of them.

    many thanks.

  8. #8
    Duracoat self applied kit. Really easy and did my own action and barrel.
    Waffen-airbrush.com

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by paultap View Post
    Not wishing to Hijack your thread, is there anyone in the South Wales area ( or a reasonable drive away ) that can Cerakote to a decent standard, if so I would be very grateful to hear of them.

    many thanks.
    Yes Tactical Coatings U.K. Ltd.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Similar Threads

  1. how hard wearing is cerakote
    By Tomm in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-02-2014, 12:19
  2. Cerakote thickness
    By dropmdead in forum Cleaning, Gunsmithing and Equipment Care
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-10-2013, 14:29
  3. Cerakote Firearms Coating
    By Rifles in forum Cleaning, Gunsmithing and Equipment Care
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 22-01-2013, 16:07
  4. Cerakote?
    By flytie in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 30-06-2012, 04:18
  5. CERAKOTE BLACK..jobs done.
    By johngryphon in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 29-06-2011, 14:40

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •