Taxidermist? East anglia.

palmer_mike

Hi there,
hoping for a recommendation of a taxidermist in east anglia.
hoping to go out for a CWD his year (either before the end of the season or in the autumn) and am hoping to take one that I'd get shoulder mounted.

Anyone able to recommend me a good taxidermist in east anglia (I live near needham market in Suffolk). Ideally I'd like to take the carcass to them and get them to Cape it for me (not sure if this is done usually but I don't want to f!!k up the cape with cack handed skinning), and then obviously I'd be able to pick it up when done, don't really want to have to post it off somewhere.

anyway, thanks for any tips,
mike

Probably best to find one nearest to where you will be shooting then. I'm guessing it won't be too local to where you live? You can also ruin it by bleeding out or gralloching depending upon how you operate. You really need to try and keep everything forward of the rear of the shoulders intact.
Also......avoid head or neck shots!;)
MS:D

Thanks ms, I'll maybe look for one closer to where I'll be going. Likey to be beds, bucks are I think.
was planning to chest shoot, then open as far as rib cage and cable tie/cut off gralloch as far forward as I can reach inside?

Palmer Mike - I'm not far from you and your welcome to bring it here to see how to do it - I do a fair few of them.
Your also welcome to see the one I have mounted by Colin Dunton. He's well worth using, and as a fair few locals use him it's easy to do drops and collections.

Palmer Mike - I'm not far from you and your welcome to bring it here to see how to do it - I do a fair few of them.
Your also welcome to see the one I have mounted by Colin Dunton. He's well worth using, and as a fair few locals use him it's easy to do drops and collections.

Thanks for the offer! I've not booked the date yet for the stalking but will bear yor offer in mind if I manage to get it booked up before the end of the season.

Hi there,
hoping for a recommendation of a taxidermist in east anglia.
hoping to go out for a CWD his year (either before the end of the season or in the autumn) and am hoping to take one that I'd get shoulder mounted.

Anyone able to recommend me a good taxidermist in east anglia (I live near needham market in Suffolk). Ideally I'd like to take the carcass to them and get them to Cape it for me (not sure if this is done usually but I don't want to f!!k up the cape with cack handed skinning), and then obviously I'd be able to pick it up when done, don't really want to have to post it off somewhere.

anyway, thanks for any tips,
mike

Hi Mike

You can try Brad Clement. He is based in Dereham in Norfolk, send me a pm if interested and I will give you his details. He is very good, trained in South Africa and he has a lot of animals he has done that he can show his work.

Hi Mike

You can try Brad Clement. He is based in Dereham in Norfolk, send me a pm if interested and I will give you his details. He is very good, trained in South Africa and he has a lot of animals he has done that he can show his work.

Please make an introduction to the site, you do not appear to have done so!!

I really wouldn't use the guy in Hainford. He did a friends cwd and it's really not good.

Back