Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: basc/bds

basc/bds

who are you with or may be some another and why.

was with the BASC

With SACS
    & Why Because it is better cover and only 44.00 for a joint membership for me and Emma to be insured as a couple

as bds and BASC want over 100

SGA 30.00. Used to be both SGA and BASCbut decided for what we get from BASC it was not 62 well spent.
    Jim

Re: basc/bds

Quote Originally Posted by tolley
    who are you with or may be some another and why.

was with the BASC
    My wildfowling club was with WAGBI/BASC from the 1950s, but went over to the Countryside Alliance last year.
    BDS would seem the be the one for stalkers, but, locally anyway, they seem to have attracted more than a few poachers/ex-poachers to their ranks.
    The St Hubert Club is another club for stalkers.
    It all gets a bit political with so many well-paid jobs for people with the gift of the gab and all the people at the top trying to keep their positions/salaries, shooting invites, expenses etc.

My wildfowling club was with WAGBI/BASC from the 1950s, but went over to the Countryside Alliance last year.
    BDS would seem the be the one for stalkers, but, locally anyway, they seem to have attracted more than a few poachers/ex-poachers to their ranks.
    It all gets a bit political with so many well-paid jobs for people with the gift of the gab and all the people at the top trying to keep their positions/salaries, shooting invites, expenses etc. Could not have said it better myself!

NGO..
    because they don't rob you blind and with 10 million public liability and at 20 a years membership what more could i want.

BASC wanted some 40 and for what they offer and how they stand up for what we believe in i would never join as long as ive an hole in my a*se

Changed to SACS this year, very nice people, realistically priced and does not seemed riddled with "jobsworth" types.

John

SGA for me reasonable cost and not the old boys club like the BDS and not run as a busness like BASC who i think want your cash for little work for the average shooter and if it seems as if it.ll cost them they will drop you like a hot stone and to complyant with plod and can be full of mis-information that can land you in hot water,yes had enough of them,spineless greedy worms. (not but for my first rant of the year,yes i enjoyed that.}

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270
    It all gets a bit political with so many well-paid jobs for people with the gift of the gab and all the people at the top trying to keep their positions/salaries, shooting invites, expenses etc. Could not have said it better myself!
    just about covers it for me too. Although I'm a member of both the NGO and CA.

I do both as I believe they both do an excellent job and that the CA is the only one that fights to protect all country sports.

If we are going to survive the forth coming onslaught from the animal protectionist we need to stand together under one umbrella organisation, pool the financial resources, reduce the duplicated operating costs, and enter the political arena with as big a cohesive membership as possible.

If you put 0.5million vote casting members into a political lobby every politician would have to take notice as it would mean the difference between being elected to government or not.

I just wish we had something along the lines of the French Hunters Organisation or the American NRA. With the leaders prepared to us their political muscle.

I was a member of WAGBI and obviously moved over to BASC when it was formed from WAGBI. I have been a Life Member of the BDS for about 20 years.

I let my subscription to BASC go two years ago when I became concerned over some of their policies and realised that they would not support members in police cases where there was likely to be a big cost attached.

On the face of it it would be good to see a genuine umbrella organisation as the Government like talking to one representative group. I think the BDS get the nod on deer issues but the shooting interests are a bit split at the moment.

There is a lesson to be learned from angling where the Angling Trust was set up to do just that but the fact that the Northern Irish, Welsh and Scottish Governments want to talk to their own national representative bodies undermined this and the Angling Trust has ended up being an England only organisation and barely hanging on financially after only one year of existence.