Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Custom Remington .308

Custom Remington .308

The following link shows details of the rifle that I bought last year. Reason for now selling after such a short period of time is I've just been given the chance of a brand new Borden action to build on at a price I don't want to refuse, but really don't need this rifle as well as a result.

The rifle, as mentioned had some work done on it, including the coating by James. I have since added an Arnold Jewell trigger which I want to keep though as its only 4 months old. If however someone wants it I will leave it in but it will cost an extra £200 on top of the price of the rifle and Aimsport moderator.

Only items for sale therefore are the bare rifle (no mounts or scope included) with the mod shown in the pictures. Price, £1100 (+£200 for Jewell trigger if wanted)

The targets in the attached photos were shot at 100yds with loads I had already for a previous Sako. Unfortunately, with the 150grn SST's that were loaded, the round was too long for the Remington magazine. So, I loaded some 150grn Sierra Gamekings which still group around the 1/4" to 1/2" mark with first load without any playing around.

Cracking Job By Jaeger

I shortened, threaded, re crowned and coated this rifle, it's worth the asking price. Lovely little stalking rifle in a good calibre.

?????

I am very surprised this has not gone as it is a Very nice rifle indeed.

hi brian

cant believe you are changing this rifle after the groups you were getting with this yesterday, enybody looking for a 308 look no further , one cracker or a rifle , kicked the **** out of me on the range yesterday ,

hope you had a good time in moray brian , cant wait till you get back up ,only one bottle of aberlour a, bunach left , better get more in .

all the best willie

Quote Originally Posted by michie65.55 View Post
    hi brian

cant believe you are changing this rifle after the groups you were getting with this yesterday, enybody looking for a 308 look no further , one cracker or a rifle , kicked the **** out of me on the range yesterday ,

hope you had a good time in moray brian , cant wait till you get back up ,only one bottle of aberlour a, bunach left , better get more in .

all the best willie
    Cheers Willie (and Chris) for the plug. Better than I did with that gorgeous wee Sauer 22-250 of yours mate!

I'm surprised there hasn't been interest either, it really is an accurate rifle.

No worries, if it doesn't go in next week or so it will just be kept as is or maybe re-barrelled in 6.5x47 Lapua...

Am looking round for a .308 and this is a nice looking one for sure. Can you tell me the following:

- what thread size has been cut on it?
    - does it come with the weaver rail?

Would you be up for a deal without the mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Neumo View Post
    Am looking round for a .308 and this is a nice looking one for sure. Can you tell me the following:

- what thread size has been cut on it?
    - does it come with the weaver rail?

Would you be up for a deal without the mod?
    From memory James cut the thread at 14x1 but will double check.

It wasn't to come with the rail but I'm not going to quibble over it as long as RFD to RFD costs met by the buyer. Just for the record the rail is a Recknagel, from Alan Rhone. Only extra as already mentioned would be if you wanted the Jewell trigger left in but to be honest I'd rather keep it as its only a few months old and I'm not sure how easy it will be to get another at short notice.

Selling rifle on its own, £900 but RFD to RFD at your expense I'm afraid...

If you could check as I have a M14 threaded .30 cal mod already. Do you know what the round count on it is as well. I may well be interested if the mod fits. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Neumo View Post
    If you could check as I have a M14 threaded .30 cal mod already. Do you know what the round count on it is as well. I may well be interested if the mod fits. Thanks
    Spoke to James, its a 14x1 thread. Rifle had just been completed when I bought it. I bought 100 new Lapua cases, have about 20 loaded left. At a guess under 200 rounds since custom work done. You can have the cases as well if you want them...