Thread: T3 stainless

T3 stainless

Hi all wanting some advice I have had a t3 which i have had for some years. Its a stainless lite .243I have always had a problem with surface rust mainly on the barrel but other areas too. Can I coat itin something to stop the rust or have it dipped. What do you all think.Thanks Martin

get in touch with jager sa on here he will coat the lot for about 100 quid ,hes just put new post up atb.doug. ceracoat firearms coatings
    Last edited by AN DU RU FOX; 21-02-2014 at 21:56.
    DONT START

Quote Originally Posted by AN DU RU FOX View Post
    get in touch with jager on here he will coat the lot for about 100 quid ,hes just put new post up atb.doug. ceracoat firearms coatings
    Any links please. I've put jager in the search and it gives me nothing and I've searched ceracoat and ceracoat firearms coating and still at a loose end. Help appreciated.
    Soon to be the latest member of the 20cal club.

It all works out in the end and if it hasn't worked out well it isn't the end!

Had an email from Jelen yesterday to say that they are now doing Cerakote.

Quote Originally Posted by darfield17 View Post
    Hi all wanting some advice I have had a t3 which i have had for some years. Its a stainless lite .243I have always had a problem with surface rust mainly on the barrel but other areas too. Can I coat itin something to stop the rust or have it dipped. What do you all think.Thanks Martin
    Hi Martin,

If you would like full details of the CerakoteŽ services please do get in touch. We are able to get the rifle picked up direct from you and treated in about a two week turnaround. The coating staff doing the work were military armorers for 24 years including 14 years with special forces at Hereford. I believe that they are the only certified operators in the UK that have been trained at the CerakoteŽ manufacturers in the USA.

Let me know if you need any further information.

Best regards,

Mike.

Mike Allison
    Managing Director - Jelen Deer Services
    01264 811155

You shouldnt need to coat it. Be stainless it should not rust!

Quote Originally Posted by russ.223 View Post
    You shouldnt need to coat it. Be stainless it should not rust!
    Stainless will/does rust unfortunately, it's less work to look after than Chromoly but stainless will rust.

I've coated dozens upon dozens of stainless rifles, a fair few were rusted and pitted...my magic soon sorted all that!
    Last edited by Jager SA; 22-02-2014 at 07:41.

Quote Originally Posted by 243varmint View Post
    Many thanks. No wonder I couldn't find it. I was spelling it wrong. And didn't put SA on the end of his name.
    Soon to be the latest member of the 20cal club.

It all works out in the end and if it hasn't worked out well it isn't the end!