Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Docter Optics

Docter Optics

Hi just after your opinions please, I've just bought a second hand rifle and it's come complete with a Docter Optics 8x56 "Twilight" illuminated scope 30mm tube, it's the first scope I've had by this manufacturer and would like your opinion on it, I've usually gone for S&B, looks a nice scope with a lovely clear sight picture and a nice A4 type ret with illuminated centre cross, there is a couple of tiny dust specs inside the lenses,but I can't see it affecting the performance of the scope and for what I paid for the rifle, rings and scope it doesn't bother me in the slightest.
    Cheers in advance Jase.

Docter make very good optics. They were Zeiss - the part that was left behind the iron curtain. Docter, along with Karl Kaps are on a par with the other German scopes, just not so well known and without the price premium. I would nt bother changing it unless you really don't like the reticle etc.

Very good scopes and underrated.

Optically they excellent - you will have to pay a lot more to get a fraction better performance.

ATB
    Alan

Plays in the same league as S&B and other European brands.

Cheers lads, nice to know, it really is a nice scope in as new condition (apart from the dust specs).

I have the 3-12 x 56 on my stalking rifle and I am very happy with it. Very robust and an excellent clear sight picture. Took a doe earlier in the week at last light, with no problem acquiring target.

wouldn't part with mine.

stu

Quick heads up, there is a docter 3-12 x 56 on pigeonwatch for 365 posted. It is a great scope for not a lot of money, condition depending.

fighting the urge to buy it myself!

lovely scopes i think i may actually go and buy one and either that or a weaver im not sure yet :/

Quote Originally Posted by jase kaye View Post
    Hi just after your opinions please, I've just bought a second hand rifle and it's come complete with a Docter Optics 8x56 "Twilight" illuminated scope 30mm tube, it's the first scope I've had by this manufacturer and would like your opinion on it, I've usually gone for S&B, looks a nice scope with a lovely clear sight picture and a nice A4 type ret with illuminated centre cross, there is a couple of tiny dust specs inside the lenses,but I can't see it affecting the performance of the scope and for what I paid for the rifle, rings and scope it doesn't bother me in the slightest.
    Cheers in advance Jase.
    get in touch of ruag and see if you can get it sent back to doctor for a free service if there is dust in it

Quote Originally Posted by jay 22 View Post
    get in touch of ruag and see if you can get it sent back to doctor for a free service if there is dust in it
    Search Docter sevice on here all the info was put on 13 months ago RUAG won't deal with you unless it was sold by them and Deben shut the door when they lost the import contract
    Best to contact Docter direct and send it direct to them they will send it back FOC serviced much cheaper than being charged by RUAG for two postage charges and handling etc.

Docter optic service
    Last edited by patjack; 25-02-2014 at 23:15.