Thread: Le Chameau stalking boot

Le Chameau stalking boot

I have a pair of Chameau leather stalking boots which have started to creak
    which sounds really loud when you are trying to be quiet
    Has anybody got a good fix for this problem
    They are very comfortable and tick all the boxes just need to fix this creaking noise
    any suggestions welcome
    Tikka595

Could it be the laces on the tongue? a few mates had these and had the same issues with being too noisey so swapped them out for other types.

ATB

Bryan

Alba gu brąth

Sauer 101 6.5x55, Beretta Silver Pigeon 12g Over&Under

SD Regular
    LC are known for this. Wax your laces well and also the tongue area of the boot. The leather overlaps here and rubs. I would also say that it depends on how tight you lace your boots as to how much movement there is in the upper ankle area as this can also create noise when you move. A good coat of Neetsfoot will keep the boots soft and in good condition
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Red View Post
    LC are known for this. Wax your laces well and also the tongue area of the boot. The leather overlaps here and rubs. I would also say that it depends on how tight you lace your boots as to how much movement there is in the upper ankle area as this can also create noise when you move. A good coat of Neetsfoot will keep the boots soft and in good condition
    I agree with E t R, don't do them up too tight and oil them well. I use Hydrophane liquid dressing. It took a few coatings and outings but solved the squeaks.

Thanks for the top tips
    Neetsfoot oil ordered
    cheers Tikka595

I had the very same problem..Neetsfoot oil mixed with a good saddle wax sorted mine out..
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

Same with Renapur leather balsalm - they usually have a stand at game fairs. Apply a liberal coating, then stick them in heated cupboard or drying room, to let the stuff soak in and go nice and supple

Mine do the same. I returned them to LC but they were not interested .The problem area is at the level of top islet where the tongue is overlapped, a tiny drop of washing up liquid would instantly cure the problem. But the treatments suggested by others would obviously provide a more long term solution.
    I got myself a pair of mendl dovre extremes at the start of last season and wouldn't have anything else.

Round laces seem to cause less creaking than flat ones too.