Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: fac

fac

Hi Chaps thanks for the replys yesterday as i said yesterday fao comming wednesday what can i ask him to put on my ticket, I have been reading up on the subject and i am new to the rifle game i just want to be prepared any hints would be helpfull ,cheers rob.

surley its not what you can ask him to put on, but more what you have a need for?

Provided that your requests seem reasonable, well thought out and convincing, you'll be ok. The more research you've done the better - it shows a responsible attitude.

everyone says dont rush into things ,yet everyone does think what you are going to need and most of all what you will actually use ,there are thousands of rifles out there gathering dust.
    DONT START

are you having a laugh, you applied for a fac and are know asking what to put on it, what did you put on the form ?,

No Scuba, the guidance specifically states that good reason should not be equated with "need". If you can put a good reason forward to hold a given calibre that should be sufficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    are you having a laugh, you applied for a fac and are know asking what to put on it, what did you put on the form ?,
    +1 I'd have thought you've already stated on the form your requested firearm(s)?

On the thread you started about this yesterday you mentioned a .243 and likelihood of being accepted for that. Why now are you asking about other calibres if you've already put your app in and have the interview booked?

Either this is a wind up or perhaps you should think about holding back for a bit until you understand what's involved and you're comfortable that you can justify what you're applying for. Don't want it to come across as rude but you really should be making these decisions for yourself, not asking for the answers on an internet forum. You need to be able to demonstrate this to the chap that will assess your suitability and judging by the two threads you've started it's hard to see how this will turn out for you.

Do you have any mates / farmers that you can speak to? They'll be able to give you a bit of guidance and how the local force tend to treat applications.

Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    Just some advice, I suggest a lot more thought needs to go into what you actually need a FAC for & what you post here

Quote Originally Posted by rob shooter View Post
    Hi Chaps thanks for the replys yesterday as i said yesterday fao comming wednesday what can i ask him to put on my ticket, I have been reading up on the subject and i am new to the rifle game i just want to be prepared any hints would be helpfull ,cheers rob.
    I recommend you shoot at least a year with an air rifle on targets, become a member of a shooting club, get a few years experience with a shotgun on game and vermin, than, maybe, move on to a rimfire rifle. Than do the DSC1, and only than, consider moving onto deer and center fire rifles.
    • Do not be seduced by the marketing-men....