Tikka M595 receiver plugs and barrel plugs

activeviii

Looking for a little info on plugs for the M595. S574T210 (mfr code)

I have one with a damaged head, its taken a bit but it is now out and with undamaged thread on the receiver, result.

The T3 are plastic but the M595 are metal. happy with either as their only plugs but to protect the threads i want to replace. but there is no way ever that i will pay $26 for 4 bits of plastic/metal

I believe they are M3.5x3 which might be easier to make as its the same thread as lathe tool holders. but would be nice to have the right ones.

also on the M595 there was a front and rear sight. there is a screw in the rear but just open on the front. the mod will go over but is there a way to fill them? from looking around it looks like front are the same as the receiver and the rear is M4x2.5

any one shed some light please either replacements or filling in.

Thanks

Phil.

Plastic Padding or similar, covered with a spot of paint if the appearance bothers you.

Very easy to remove if you need to.

i used a very had black wax that is used with shoe makers (my wifes grandad was a cobbler) i found it in his old tool chest and it worked well for me and the new owner of my old 590 did not even notice them when he collected the rifle,

bob.

M3.5 is used a lot in electrical boxes. The screws that hold some socket front's on are 3.5 mm just not sure on the pitch. Worth a try.

Ezzy

They are not m3.5 they are in fact 6-48 screws, the same are also used in the t3
should be easy to find some as they are a regular used size for firearms

M3.5 are also used to hold cutters in a holder for lathes. make my own torx for the optilocks.

just been for a play and they receiver are not 3.5 so i'll order some 6-48 and try again

Back