Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ammo sticking in breech. .22 LR

Ammo sticking in breech. .22 LR

Hi Guys

.22 LR Sako quad second day out new rifle straight out the box

CCI segmented and eley subs

new rifle de greased and cleaned before use and cleaned after initial sighting in

after around 10 rounds, claw didn't retrieve spent shell, when shell removed a sluggish removal felt

have exact same rifle and used LR and WMR in that one with no effect on anything.

just removed barrel and scrubbed out, some residue found on initial run through, the two branded rounds have a light covering on but never had any problem.

anyone know of a LR round that has no outer covering or better case to stop sticking.

spent cases intact and no hard strikes found

cleaned and run through barrel re assembled, flushed out the bolt, used spent shells all extracted perfectly Any ideas or experience of the same.

cheers

phil

i have the same rifle. mine will always remove spent brass but will generally not remove unfired rounds.

afaik the match barrel is to blame and if you send it back they open up the tolerance. there is also a fix whereby you shave a bit of metal off the extractor claw.

Sako Quad Extractor claw modification

My cz455 done this for ages and i just had to keep cleaning it. After around 50 rounds it was ok and never had a prob again that was with winnie subs. think it was just a combo of the new coated barrel and the waxy subs.
    Last edited by Bigboab29; 26-02-2014 at 15:48.

All sent back to GMK to sort out.

Gmk have replaced the extractor claw for a new upgraded model with a finer claw Hopefully get it back for a test Friday
    Happy days again

Got to say, praise where it is due. - GMK workshop Paul and Andy have been brilliant, they have been over the gun like a rash to sort it out.

Atb

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by artschool View Post
    i have the same rifle. mine will always remove spent brass but will generally not remove unfired rounds.

afaik the match barrel is to blame and if you send it back they open up the tolerance. there is also a fix whereby you shave a bit of metal off the extractor claw.

Hi artschool

Did tolerance adjustment affect the accuracy ?

Quote Originally Posted by artschool View Post

did it effect the accuracy having the barrel opened up ?

I had a tight chamber on a cz452, i found winchester and rws worked best as they a fraction smaller. But i still had to send it back to be reamed out as it would rarely extract a live round. When it came back it was perfect and would easy shoot 1/4 inch at 50 yards.

I've had the same issue with a Finnfire, a good clean around the bolt face/extractor claw, plus a good doing with a chamber brush cured it.

Quote Originally Posted by philip View Post
    Hi artschool

Did tolerance adjustment affect the accuracy ?
    i never bothered as it was only unfired rounds so not worth the hassle.