Thread: Loch Awe Area Stalking

Loch Awe Area Stalking

Chaps

Looking for a week in October staying at the log cabins on loch awe been there quite a few times but just fishing but would like to head up and do a little stalking this trip. Would be ideal if anyone knows any ground where I can pay and just be left to it but if not reasonably priced accompanied stalking would be ok. I'm FAC and fully insured, with DSC 1 and working towards 2 (May have it by then)

Has anyone been up there and done a bit? Any numbers of people to speak to?
    Understandably pm me with any numbers. Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

Cheers

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Bez View Post
    Chaps

Looking for a week in October staying at the log cabins on loch awe been there quite a few times but just fishing but would like to head up and do a little stalking this trip. Would be ideal if anyone knows any ground where I can pay and just be left to it but if not reasonably priced accompanied stalking would be ok. I'm FAC and fully insured, with DSC 1 and working towards 2 (May have it by then)

Has anyone been up there and done a bit? Any numbers of people to speak to?
    Understandably pm me with any numbers. Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

Cheers

Mark
    mark if that's the log cabins up by Tyndrum off the A82 drop me a line I have contacts up there.
    www.anglocustomrifle.co.uk
    Anglo deer management and training
    Yet another 7mm 08 user ..................... if Carlsberg made calibers.........................

Bez in that area it is advised to stalk accompanied for the first few times the experience of a guide to not only get you in to deer but to get you off the hill alive should the weather close in is a must . Good luck on your lev2 and I wish you well in Scotland.

PM Flyboy 270, he has contacts up there, great place to stalk, but as said above can be a bit tricky if the weather go's pear shaped.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    PM Flyboy 270, he has contacts up there, great place to stalk, but as said above can be a bit tricky if the weather go's pear shaped.
    I've e-mailed him looking for a little help. Sikadog messaged me saying that he was a good guy to talk to just awaiting a reply. Thanks for the heads up though.

Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    Bez in that area it is advised to stalk accompanied for the first few times the experience of a guide to not only get you in to deer but to get you off the hill alive should the weather close in is a must . Good luck on your lev2 and I wish you well in Scotland.
    Think your right regarding hill stalking in the area as regards to going guided.
    Wasn't sure if there would be any woodland stalking available in the area where I could go solo to keep the cost down.
    Cheers for the good luck with the lev 2 not sure how long it will take really.

Try giving John MacPherson a call at Balliemeanoch Farm.

Lochawe :: Balliemeanoch Farm

would be on your door step.

Bez

is that the Cabins at Dalavich?

if it is, it's in the middle of my old beat (FC). Balliemeanach are certainly worth giving a shout as are FC ( district office in Lochgilphead)
    if you don't get anywhere with either, give me a shout.
    great area to stalk, as long as you don't mind being eaten alive by midges ! And watch out for TICKS

Quote Originally Posted by bambislayer View Post
    Bez

is that the Cabins at Dalavich?

if it is, it's in the middle of my old beat (FC). Balliemeanach are certainly worth giving a shout as are FC ( district office in Lochgilphead)
    if you don't get anywhere with either, give me a shout.
    great area to stalk, as long as you don't mind being eaten alive by midges ! And watch out for TICKS
    Yes it's the cabins at dalavich. Will try both of your suggestions and see if I get any joy. Thanks

+1 for the Macpherson brothers. You'll want to get out of the woods and up high to avoid the midges, mozzies, clegs...