Thread: Working hard till the bucks come in

Cool Working hard till the bucks come in

He'll yea

Why do people get so excited about roe bucks, we shoot deer all yr around.

Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    Personally its because I usually keep the heads off the roe bucks I shoot, not that I shoot Big animals but its nice to keep a record and look back at them over the years. still have the first roebuck i shot in my loft
    cant do that with does!!!

You can have an equally good hunt or better on does and hinds as you can on bucks and stags!
    Keeping antlers from a good hunt is a memorable way to remember but the way some people talk it sounds an animals antler will make up for something they lack between their legs! Bit like crushed Snow Leopard bones and Rhino horns to the Orientals!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    He'll yea

Hawkeye work hard come on mate who you trying to kid.
    History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.

Quote Originally Posted by The deer man View Post
    You can have an equally good hunt or better on does and hinds as you can on bucks and stags!
    Keeping antlers from a good hunt is a memorable way to remember but the way some people talk it sounds an animals antler will make up for something they lack between their legs! Bit like crushed Snow Leopard bones and Rhino horns to the Orientals!
    I would have used more diplomatic language myself, but actually, you are right!
    A very well known UK auteur and magazine columnist who writes in various shooting/stalking publications once told me he considers trophy hunting and the war-shipping of antlers 'childish' and not compatible with conservation management, however he was not allowed to express his views in his articles as he would be upsetting the advertisers who marked their products through editorial 'reviews' (naturally the products are always very good!) often using images of trophy hunting to seduce and brainwash their target audience.
    • Do not be seduced by the marketing-men....

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Hamburger View Post
    I would have used more diplomatic language myself, but actually, you are right!
    A very well known UK auteur and magazine columnist who writes in various shooting/stalking publications once told me he considers trophy hunting and the war-shipping of antlers 'childish' and not compatible with conservation management, however he was not allowed to express his views in his articles as he would be upsetting the advertisers who marked their products through editorial 'reviews' (naturally the products are always very good!) often using images of trophy hunting to seduce and brainwash their target audience.
    Not sure why you would war-ship antlers but each to thier own lol
    i do look forward to the rut as I think it's an exciting time for stalking however I've never shot a big buck as such but a few half decent ones if I shot a nice one I'd have it on the wall but that hardly makes me a trophy hunter ....
    last time I went stalking was a couple of weeks ago and shot 2 does and I get just as excited doe stalking as I do bucks to me time spent in the field is always well spent whatever the quarry
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions

Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    Ah this old favourite. Guess it's that time of year...again