Best Bird Taxidermist?

wildfowler.250

Who would you recommend for sending a couple of pintail to? I was going to use Carl Church but I saw a message recently on his fb page that said he isn't doing any groundwork with his mounts any more,(and I don't really fancy something perched on some drift wood). Any suggestions would be appreciated. Looked though quite a few names but a lot of folk seem to do shoulder mounts well but the bird commissions don't really look up to scratch.

Cheers!

You could try William Hales. He tanned a fox skin for me last year but when I had a look around his workshop in Lincolnshire I was evry impressed with his birds. Birds seem to be his passion

I don't know a lot about taxidermy but I have had a few deer heads done by this bloke and while I was there I was looking at some birds that he had done and was doing for clients and they looked very good to me.
Home

Greg Keeble from Hampshire, he has done a stone curlew for me, check out his web site he has done a lot of birds,
anybody that was at the shooting show, he shared a stand with jelen but can't remember if he had any birds with him.

Tony

Last edited:
Back