Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aolq

Aolq

Confused, confused.
    At my recent renewal I asked for a slot for a .308W for deer and AOLQ, on the understanding that 'AOLQ' now was the standard condition always included as to Home Office guidance.
    To my surprise I did get the .308W for deer and a nice polite letter that my Force didn't do 'AOLQ'!

So now I have to go and get a variation as I do need fox on it, with so many landowners asking stalkers to shoot any fox they see during stalking. What a shame, if I would have known about this policy I would simply have asked for 'deer and fox'.
    Is this once again an example of different Forces interpreting the guidelines differently?
    • Do not be seduced by the marketing-men....

Yes, got it without asking from Suffolk.

They are telling fibs. I know a couple of guys in that force area that have AOLQ on their tickets.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Write to your Chief of Police, cc BASC, and politely explain that this FEO isn't up to date with current FAC Ts&Cs
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Hamburger View Post
    Confused, confused.
    At my recent renewal I asked for a slot for a .308W for deer and AOLQ, on the understanding that 'AOLQ' now was the standard condition always included as to Home Office guidance.
    To my surprise I did get the .308W for deer and a nice polite letter that my Force didn't do 'AOLQ'!

So now I have to go and get a variation as I do need fox on it, with so many landowners asking stalkers to shoot any fox they see during stalking. What a shame, if I would have known about this policy I would simply have asked for 'deer and fox'.
    Is this once again an example of different Forces interpreting the guidelines differently?
    It is only 'guidance' for the firearms departments to follow. However all that is put in the guidance can be quoted back at them if you have the time and the inclination. If there is no good reason for them to deny it to you then I would be sending a letter back pushing for an amendment to be made as per HO guidelines. Being stubborn but polite and saying the right things can get you pretty much anything (within reason)!

Point out to your licencing team the home office guidance - Section 10.38 clearly reads:

10.38 There is no requirement to establish ‘good reason’ for additional conditions or the addition of quarry species to an existing condition where ‘good reason’ already exists for the possession of a firearm in the first instance (See chapter 13). Firearms should be conditioned to provide flexibility with quarry shooting by allowing all lawful quarry (see Appendix 3).

David

Dyfed Powys Police give AOLQ.

In Hants it seems to depend on the FLO, some do some don,t, same goes for 410 pistols for dispatch, it's what you have to love about police chief constables , consistence

Sympathy to the OP, what a pain now to send his certificate back in in order to have AOLQ added, meaning a potential delay of another couple of weeks; in this instance my FLD will print and have another one signed and ready to go and I go in and pick it up and hand in the other, can be done withint a few hours!

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Hamburger View Post
    Confused, confused.

Why did you not just put down deer shooting and vermin control, people then know what your talking about across the board ,it may mean the same ,but it give clarification at a glance and further removing any doubt.

It seems that many people are intent in making it difficult to obtain certificates by coming away from the normal.