Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would this sit well in the library of 21st century SD members?

Would this sit well in the library of 21st century SD members?

Iv'e a stack of them, there's some very interesting reading in most copies.

They should fit very well in any stalkers library, yesterday today and tomorrow.

I'd love to be able to read them!! I'd say they would be pretty interesting?!
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

I miss those magazines! Always had a good pic on the cover.. As a kid i used to read them cover to cover wishing my dad would take me stalking.. Eventually (after hocking about a million deer which i enjoyed anyways) he did get me out for my first roe.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Not in the libraries of those who want to read about the latest and greatest scope, rifle or gadget, or for those who want to read articles covering the self-serving exploits of the magazine staff that are stuffed in between masses of advertisements.

But for anyone who wants to read genuine stories by genuine deer-stalkers, or who has an occasional interest in the wider world of stalking and hunting, they would treasure them.

Maybe that explains why the magazine folded though

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Quote Originally Posted by willie_gunn View Post
    Not in the libraries of those who want to read about the latest and greatest scope, rifle or gadget, or for those who want to read articles covering the self-serving exploits of the magazine staff that are stuffed in between masses of advertisements.

But for anyone who wants to read genuine stories by genuine deer-stalkers, or who has an occasional interest in the wider world of stalking and hunting, they would treasure them.

willie_gunn
    Agree totally with all of the above, great post.

Agree with willie_gunn, great magazine

Quote Originally Posted by willie_gunn View Post

willie_gunn
    Absolutely spot on! When deer stalking was about deer stalking not advertising. Although you cannot really blame the way the magazine trade has gone generally, when will they realise that a magazine article that when every other word mentions Zeiss or Sako etc it isn't s stalking magazine any longer just a really really long advert!

I love reading the write ups on the SD as they are pure and just about the stalking........well most are!

Your post is perfect Willie and I need to agree the probable reason the mag went down was not enough revenue from advertising but surely there must be a happy medium.

I'd love to get hold of a couple of copies of this magazine
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions