Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1st cast of the season

1st cast of the season

Well I am just about to set off for my 1st day on the Tyne to try for the elusive springer.

fingers crossed
    chrisc

All the best,hope you are lucky.
    Allan

very nice, which beat?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisc View Post
    Well I am just about to set off for my 1st day on the Tyne to try for the elusive springer.

fingers crossed
    chrisc

What do you want a spaniel for!?

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisc View Post

fingers crossed
    chrisc
    Lucky beggar - I won't be up there until October

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

what does it take to get a fishing license there and how (where) do you fish afterwards? Can you just go somewhere and fish or do you have to have a permit for a given area.... Real PITA around here... Have a license (took classes/tests and have the card to buy the license) for both the wife and myself. Just have to go buy the license then find a place to fish.....

good luck, wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Quote Originally Posted by daven View Post
    what does it take to get a fishing license there and how (where) do you fish afterwards? Can you just go somewhere and fish or do you have to have a permit for a given area.... Real PITA around here... Have a license (took classes/tests and have the card to buy the license) for both the wife and myself. Just have to go buy the license then find a place to fish.....
    Firstly, best of luck, pictures required if you get lucky!

Daven, you can get a rod licence from Environment Agency - Buy your rod licence online: avoid service charges there is some 'free' fishing but it's few and far between, however there are many fishing clubs that sell day tickets.
    If you ever get to Devon look me up.
    Cheers
    Richard

Tight lines Chris

Quote Originally Posted by daven View Post
    daven, there is very little water in the UK you can just walk up to and fish. You need to be in a club that holds the rights to fish the water, or buy a day ticket. Take a look at this website, it will give you an idea of what day ticket fishing is available in the UK. http://www.fishpal.com

Quote Originally Posted by devon deer stalker View Post
    Firstly, best of luck, pictures required if you get lucky!

Daven, you can get a rod licence from Environment Agency - Buy your rod licence online: avoid service charges there is some 'free' fishing but it's few and far between, however there are many fishing clubs that sell day tickets.
    If you ever get to Devon look me up.
    Cheers
    Richard
    Quote Originally Posted by Legolas View Post
    Tight lines Chris

daven, there is very little water in the UK you can just walk up to and fish. You need to be in a club that holds the rights to fish the water, or buy a day ticket. Take a look at this website, it will give you an idea of what day ticket fishing is available in the UK. http://www.fishpal.com
    Pretty much the way it is around here also as far as actual fishing. You can buy permits for an area/timeframe (if any openings) or do the day ticket thing. Getting the license is/was a real booger... classes and tests that were actually (to me) more difficult that for the hunting license. May not fish at all, just got the licenses with the "better to have and not need than to need and not have" thought.