Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cataracts

Cataracts

How do every one,
    Just wondering if any one on here has had the cataracts operation done, I had some tests done about 3 years ago at local hospital but never went any further with it, I was shooting clays at the weekend and really got a wake up call to my sight, I struggle to see Pigeons and other birds at distance so as a result and since the weekends adventure I am thinking about takeing the plunge and getting the operation done any thoughts or the pros and cons of this would be appreciated.

My mother was 82 when she had both eyes done.

She had very little discomfort and went from coke bottle specs to a light reading prescription.

Her distance vision went from extremely poor to extremely good.
    "Nonsense! They couldn't hit an elephant at this dista.....................".

Hi Hunterhendy,

As above my mother in law had cataracts removed from both eyes and said it was like coming out from a fog. Her eyesight improved so much that she started driving again ( didn't improve the standard of her driving but at least she could see what she was about to hit). After the operation she had to use eye drops for a few months but other than that no problems.
    Go for it.

Willie

I have seen the operation being done. It takes ten minutes for each eye. Everyone of my customers who have spoken to are thrilled. A friend had his done privately, had bi focal lens put in. Doesn't need any glasses.

A mate of mine has just had his eyes done he previously wore specs for years all the time and for driving and distance, now he dosen't need glasses ,he said the op; takes 15-20mins , old lens out new plastic one in , a little uncumfortable for a couple of days apart from that no problems

Thank you for replies, has any one that shoots clays, Pigeons etc had this done, And how do you find it

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Dhu View Post
    I have seen the operation being done. It takes ten minutes for each eye. Everyone of my customers who have spoken to are thrilled. A friend had his done privately, had bi focal lens put in. Doesn't need any glasses.
    My own experience was similar to the one described by Rob Dhu. I had it done 4 years ago when I was 40, first one eye, couple of weeks later the other. I couldnīt hardly see a deer at 200m before. I didnīt need glasses before, nor after. My experience was great, I wish I had it done before. A few days later I was stalking hinds, with shooting glasses just to avoid any thiny thing getting into my eyes . It's CRUCIAL to have BI FOCALS put in, also done it privately (in Spain).
    The only drawback, for the first year or so lights blinded me while driving, but either I got used to it or this side effect just dissapeard.

I do not shoot clays but love dove, pigeon, thrush shooting... and again much better than before. Also much better to use The Stalking Directory (not joking).

I am waiting to go and have one eye done anytime soon, its affecting my seeing to shoot at present,takes that extra second or two to focus through the scope,
    will post when I have had it done. Scared Wf1

Guys,

Any idea to what the likely cost is to have it done privately?

I am as blind as a bat without glasses which I have worn all my life and need varrifocals, seems a better option than laser.

Any comments/advice would be very helpfull.

D

My friend who had it done privately said it was 2000 per eye