Thread: Hogan .22/.17HMR Moderators....

Hogan .22/.17HMR Moderators....

Hi All & Happy Hunting New Year!

As an Xmas present to myself I inted trading in a Browning T bolt for a new Sako Quad.

A local RFD is trying to steer me towards a GB manufactured moderator branded "Hogan" - does anyone have any expierence with this brand of mod' or any other recommendations for .22/.17HMR?..... (I currently have SAK on the Browning).

Many thanks

Rob

The name rings a bell, but for air-rifle stuff I think.....

I've got a SAK on my Anschutz 17hmr, and I'm happy enough with it; we tried a T8 on it once just to see how it compared. No great shakes according to our Mk1 lugholes. so - the SAK stayed on.....

Sure its not Logun, air rifle mods??

I'm pretty sure it was Hogan - apparently they are new to the market...

Thanks

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by merlin
    The name rings a bell, but for air-rifle stuff I think.....

I've got a SAK on my Anschutz 17hmr, and I'm happy enough with it; we tried a T8 on it once just to see how it compared. No great shakes according to our Mk1 lugholes. so - the SAK stayed on.....
    Merlin, have a look inside your SAK, if it's the ally one, watch for erosion on the baffle unit, plus you will be surprised at the amount of muck left behind from the "Li'l Gun " powder.

As far as I can recall, the bloke behind the original Logun rifle and mods was a bloke called Jim Hogan.

Sounds like he might have set up another company.

From memory the Mk1 logun mod was made in air rifle and rimfire configerations and the end cap of each was stamped to diferentiate.

They seemed to have very good reviews when the arrived on the scene (as did the logun rifle) so the most up to date mod may well be a good choice.

Novice

Thanks for the feedback chaps.

Rgds

Rob

A good mod but its no better than some others that are a lot smaller

Merlin, have a look inside your SAK, if it's the ally one, watch for erosion on the baffle unit, plus you will be surprised at the amount of muck left behind from the "Li'l Gun " powder.
    Cheers Finnbear....it's overdue a good shufty inside; it's a while since it's been off and PROPERLY examined....