Thread: Countrywide (the agricultural supplier, not the land agents)

Countrywide (the agricultural supplier, not the land agents)

Hi all,
    Just wondering if anybody has any experience or knows anyone who works for this company? I know them as a customer, but have just applied for a job with them as its ideally located for the area the wife and I are looking to move to (closer to her work and less urban).
    Good to work for, bad to work for, etc? Any educated input welcome.
    Cheers folks!
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog

I don't know what they are like to work for but I had dealings with two local depots a few years back when I was a fire safety inspecting officer with the fire service. I audited the one premise and found a number of defeciencies that were really down to poor local management. I interviewed the deputy manager who was in charge that day, and was trying to advise her what she needed to do immediately to put things right and to reduce the risk of fire. It turns out that she was only at that particular store temporarily untill they rebuilt her normal store that had recently burned down. I kid you not.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

I know a few of there staff and they all seem happy, but not really asked them, a jobs a job, I suppose it depends what your doing for them , they own a few other firms under different names, pearsons is one.

We have our sheep feed from them and have dealt with the same chap for a long time and he seems happy enough and the store staff don't change much. If they were sods to work for I expect we would have dealt with a string of hopeful college leavers paid mainly on commission. The stores do seem to be moving away from the agricultural to the equestrian and gardening market though.

Hi Simon, we have been dealing with the same Countrywide store in Witney for around five years. The lads that help us load feed etc. all seem happy and helpful. There does not seem to be much in the way of staff turnover.

Thanks folks for your thoughts. Of coruse it's all academic at the moment, as they haven't replied to my application yet?
    Oh well, fingers crossed!
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog

Good luck with it. If you're successful let us know where you are so we can keep an eye out for you.