dsc2 phone call

drummerboy

Guys, just about ready to send portfolio away, of yous that have been threw the dreaded call can anyone tell me roughly how it goes, hopefuly its not too much of a grilling even the most knowledgeable can get flusstered.
Regards

I think I had five questions when John Snowden called me. All pretty straight forward to be honest. There's nothing done to trip you up. It certainly wasn't a grilling.

I am still waiting for my call.It is over 2 month.It's looks lime they do take some time to get back to you.:doh:

Mine's been sent in a while now. Had the letter to say it's been sent on but no call. Doesn't really matter as I have no immediate need for it, but be nice to get things wrapped up.

Mine's been sent in a while now. Had the letter to say it's been sent on but no call. Doesn't really matter as I have no immediate need for it, but be nice to get things wrapped up.

I was told I'd be sent a confirmation letter from BASC that they'd received my portfolio, but it never turned up so I chased this to be told by a lady she'd look into it, and a new letter would be sent if they had it. It didn't turn up, I chased again to be told they had it after all, but hadn't bothered to send a letter as they said they would.

Funnily enough I've just started another thread after taking a call from a BASC IV basically telling me there was a delay initially because he'd been in hospital (Why was his workload not passed onto a colleague?) and secondly because he'd lost it and it was buried under a pile of papers along with someone else's.

I'd be formally disciplined by the bank I work for if I showed the same appalling level of customer service towards our clients. It's my opinion that the staff at BASC dealing with level 2 qualifications are both incompetent and under resourced.

Guys, just about ready to send portfolio away, of yous that have been threw the dreaded call can anyone tell me roughly how it goes, hopefuly its not too much of a grilling even the most knowledgeable can get flusstered.
Regards
A friendly chat that lasts around 25 minutes, expect to be asked questions about what is written in your portfolio.

I get the impression that the call is to establish that the portfolio is all your own work and that you have the underlying knowledge to support the answers that you have given.

Good luck.

atb Tim

I have 'witnessed' a few candidates and there hasn't been any follow up phone calls and as far as I can see there shouldn't be any reason for any calls unless the AWs integrity is being questioned.
After all the AW qualification is only, or should only, be granted to persons of experience and integrity in the first place.
It seems, from some of the posts I've read recently, that a follow up 'phone call is the norm these days.

Regards
It should be a friendly chat to go over the evidence you have presented, as all the points should have been covered if your AW has done his job correctly. The verifier has to make sure that all the compulsory questions have been answered correctly, and it's in no one's interest to try to "trip" anyone up. Best of luck :)

Regards

My phone start like this .i just need to tell you befroe we start that you are getting you level 2 .but iwould like to asked you no more than 3 questions
25minutes later he said well done and off he went not to sure what question he asked me but i must have given him the right answers

DJC

My phone start like this .i just need to tell you befroe we start that you are getting you level 2 .but iwould like to asked you no more than 3 questions
25minutes later he said well done and off he went not to sure what question he asked me but i must have given him the right answers

DJC

That sounds really good mate , hope mine goes like that?
ATB Neil

Is the candidate privy as to who the assessor will be prior to the phone call, or is it something yu find out when the phone rings? Either way, I was wondering if there are provisions for a candidate to object to certain people being the assessors. Thanks.

Is the candidate privy as to who the assessor will be prior to the phone call, or is it something yu find out when the phone rings? Either way, I was wondering if there are provisions for a candidate to object to certain people being the assessors. Thanks.

You don't find out until they ring, but why would you object to who it is?

atb Tim

I'm sure if you contact the assessment centre that you register with and have a valid reason, they will give it some consideration. There will be other such circumstances where an assessor might not be the best choice to assess a particular candidate to ensure full transparency, ie, if they are work colleagues or close family.
The other way to ensure that you didn't encounter a particular assessor would be to find out which assessment centre they work for and then register with an alternative one!
AW's can witness portfolios from any assessment centre, whereas assessors will only work for a specific assessment centre.
I would also add though that the entire process should be transparent at all levels and that the assessment stage is NOT the end of the process! The portfolio then goes to an Internal Verifier and possibly an External verifier after that. It is therefore very unlikely that you would receive any unfair treatment from a particular assessor, as they would not be an assessor for much longer!!
MS

My assessor was named in my portfolio, think it even suggests you make contact prior to submitting.

The BDS do a list of assessors who they suggest that you contact for advice both before commencing and submitting your portfolio.

Having done DSC1 with Jan Andrews in Dorset and knowing how thorough she is I sought her advice.

The BDS assessors apparently handle the calls on a rota system and it was Ben Andrews that called me.

atb Tim

Thanks. I am only asking as I know that two people who have in the past taken advantage of the fact that I was starting in stalking and that I had no land to shoot are AW, so I suspect they might be assessors too. It was bad enough when they (in essence) conned me for a few thousand pounds sterling, I do not want them to 'assess' me too. One of them actually boasted to me in a couple of occasions that he could 'help' me with DSC 1 and 2 if the price was right...

The BDS do a list of assessors who they suggest that you contact for advice both before commencing and submitting your portfolio.

Having done DSC1 with Jan Andrews in Dorset and knowing how thorough she is I sought her advice.

The BDS assessors apparently handle the calls on a rota system and it was Ben Andrews that called me.

atb Tim

On page 1 of the dmq portfolio it says, paragraph 3, "it is STRONGLY recommended that you contact the assessor who is named in the administration details BEFORE starting to collect evidence, or at any other time that you need assistance"

the assessors details are at the bottom of page 2, these are on a sticker that was placed there
by BASC. Thats in issue 10, june 06 portfolio.

Done DSC2 in Mid November 2013, sent portfolio within 2 days, no response yet from BASC, had phone call from assessor asking a couple of questions and was told I may have a second call from internal assessor. No desperate rush, but would be nice to know where you stand after spending a considerable amount of money.

Back